ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-11, 08:56 AM

jonnyc55 has a spectacular aura aboutjonnyc55 has a spectacular aura about
Do you ADDers do alot of deep thinking often, quite philosophical

I always find myself analysing people; why they do things, Why they like they are. When on my own, away from stimulus, i tend resort to deep thinking and i think this is because my restless brain wants to keep itself entertained.

I often think of philosophical things of, why were here or work out what happens afterwards.

To be honest i had alot of things i wanted to say in this thread but my mind gone blank and am on youtube and other sites... Distracted and having procrastination of finishing this off.

Am untreated and i smoke alot just to get those little 2 mins of calmness. My mind dwells on things i DONT WANT TO THINK OFF. "I wonder how that works", "The price of that burger must of gone up due to inflation", "What are they thinking?". I forgot all the weird things i think of but its all pointless and i dont want to think it.
This problem hell alot worse in public.

When my girlfriend hints for my advice, i tend to her answer her in a few words but i go off on one giving her copious amount of help which she ignores! People just seem to want to simple answers.

My girlfriend says i have a serious face all the time. Its because am thinking so much of on other stuff i cant relax and enjoy the moment.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to jonnyc55 For This Useful Post:
ADDisme2010 (10-04-11), Daniel652 (09-13-11), darthfader1969 (09-13-11), dinkot (10-04-11), LaMbaL (10-07-11), pechemignonne (09-13-11), pooka (10-05-11), sarek (10-05-11), shysmile (10-04-11), Spacemaster (10-03-11), stef (09-13-11)
Old 09-13-11, 09:07 AM
ADDvanced Member

Daniel652 is a jewel in the roughDaniel652 is a jewel in the roughDaniel652 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Do you ADDers do alot of deep thinking often, quite philosophical

im the same way, except i find it hard to organize those thoughts in my head...

i wish i had a mind like those on the stephen king book "dreamcatcher". where they have a memory warehouse, and can store all those memories so i can come up with very deep profound philosophical thoughts.

but yes i do that too. my wife hates that i look so serious all the time, cause i ponder about everything.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daniel652 For This Useful Post:
full_throttle (10-04-11), Impetus (09-13-11)
Old 09-13-11, 09:08 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 27,618 Times in 13,363 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

wow I can relate to that...
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-11, 09:13 AM
Registered

Thanked 17,762 Times in 8,904 Posts
Abi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond repute

no

i am shallow and stupid and lazy

it takes too much effort to be philosophical and deep thinking.

"I think David Archuleta's picture is starting to annoy me." - BellaVita

"A glass of water is healthier than a glass of vodka - but you don't substitute one for the other." - aeon

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
Old 09-13-11, 09:19 AM
Moderator of mind and heart

Thanked 21,304 Times in 8,615 Posts
sarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond repute

I always soak up facts and information like a sponge. And then I recombine and connect all those bits and pieces to create my very own theories of everything imaginable ranging from psychology to cosmology and all things in between.
ADDisme2010 (10-04-11), Daniel652 (09-13-11), darthfader1969 (09-13-11), dinkot (10-04-11), full_throttle (10-04-11), Impetus (09-13-11), jonnyc55 (09-13-11), LaMbaL (10-07-11), salleh (09-13-11), shysmile (10-04-11)
Old 09-13-11, 09:26 AM

Thanked 1,622 Times in 803 Posts
Michiko74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichiko74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichiko74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichiko74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichiko74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichiko74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichiko74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichiko74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichiko74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichiko74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichiko74 has a reputation beyond repute

I think when you go through something like ADHD, you want to know the reason behind the struggles in life. It's very difficult to endure pain and hardship when there is no purpose to it.

And yes, people do want straight forward answers. Actually, people want to be able to figure out the answers for themselves. Hopefully you can help your girlfriend to that.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Michiko74 For This Useful Post:
dinkot (10-04-11), jonnyc55 (09-13-11), Maureen410 (11-04-13)
Old 09-13-11, 09:52 AM

Michiko74 your advice was enlightening. Your so right, thats what it is, we want to know the reason behind the struggles in life because we find living more harder than normal people. So we feel it more important to question.

Wow. That most certainly true about giving advice bit.
The Following User Says Thank You to jonnyc55 For This Useful Post:
Michiko74 (09-13-11)
Old 09-13-11, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarek View Post
I always soak up facts and information like a sponge. And then I recombine and connect all those bits and pieces to create my very own theories of everything imaginable ranging from psychology to cosmology and all things in between.
I also do this, i often thought of amazing inventions but i couldn't be bothered going any more than just that, thinking of them.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jonnyc55 For This Useful Post:
darthfader1969 (09-13-11), Jewelz81 (10-05-11), LaMbaL (10-07-11), pechemignonne (09-13-11)
Old 09-13-11, 10:07 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Thanked 1,034 Times in 461 Posts
Etcetera has much to be proud ofEtcetera has much to be proud ofEtcetera has much to be proud ofEtcetera has much to be proud ofEtcetera has much to be proud ofEtcetera has much to be proud ofEtcetera has much to be proud ofEtcetera has much to be proud of

I barely think it has much to do with "I need to know why I have to go through all these struggles". I've always been like this, ever since a small child. My mind is busy as a bee. It's not always structured, but in the end, my mind tends to make a lot of connections and is able to grasp the "bigger picture" better than most others.

I love to think. Not thinking seems impossible for me, it's annoying and pointless. On the other hand, it consumes a lot of energy so I do wish I wasn't like this and could do it less. But when, for some reason, it actually happens, I feel sad over it.

I have theories and ideas on just about any subject. Which is nice (I can talk about alot) but annoying (I'm heavily opiniated and as an ADHD'er, I love to argue) at the same time.
darthfader1969 (09-13-11), Jewelz81 (10-05-11), jonnyc55 (09-13-11), pechemignonne (09-13-11)
Old 09-13-11, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etcetera View Post
I barely think it has much to do with "I need to know why I have to go through all these struggles". I've always been like this, ever since a small child. My mind is busy as a bee. It's not always structured, but in the end, my mind tends to make a lot of connections and is able to grasp the "bigger picture" better than most others.

I love to think. Not thinking seems impossible for me, it's annoying and pointless. On the other hand, it consumes a lot of energy so I do wish I wasn't like this and could do it less. But when, for some reason, it actually happens, I feel sad over it.

I have theories and ideas on just about any subject. Which is nice (I can talk about alot) but annoying (I'm heavily opiniated and as an ADHD'er, I love to argue) at the same time.
Everything you said is exactly the same for me. The theories on any subject, love to argue, feeling sad over it and loving to think.
I notice when i think think my expression looks serious or sad. Thinking's worst problem is the energy it requires, i exhaust myself by the end of the day.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jonnyc55 For This Useful Post:
Jewelz81 (10-05-11), LaMbaL (10-07-11)
Old 09-13-11, 10:27 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Etcetera has much to be proud ofEtcetera has much to be proud ofEtcetera has much to be proud ofEtcetera has much to be proud ofEtcetera has much to be proud ofEtcetera has much to be proud ofEtcetera has much to be proud ofEtcetera has much to be proud of

I also tend to look very serious, even mad, when I'm doing a physical task on auto-pilot. Like at my previous work in a shop. Can you imagine how that must be? You're at the paydesk, doing your thing on auto-pilot, thinking. You might even be happy. Like... Really happy. But you're thinking. Of happy things. And then some customer gets all snappy and says "someone doesn't like her job". And all you can think of: "I WAS happy till you came around!".

I've got into many arguements at work because of this "mad look" while thinking. So I forced myself to have an automatic lift of the corners of my lips. 1: It keeps me a bit more "in this world", 2: People complain less. Win-win!
darthfader1969 (09-13-11), Jewelz81 (10-05-11)
Old 09-13-11, 10:28 AM

Thanked 4,320 Times in 1,873 Posts
pechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

This is me.
Old 09-13-11, 10:29 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

... And just when I started to feel special, I've found out that at least two more persons in the world do the same as me.

This must be analyzed...
Impetus (09-13-11), Jewelz81 (10-05-11), pechemignonne (09-13-11)
Old 09-13-11, 10:32 AM

Thanked 1,692 Times in 1,108 Posts
sighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant future

yes, i am so much so.... my poetry is often very heavy...
Old 09-13-11, 10:33 AM

Quote:
I also tend to look very serious, even mad, when I'm doing a physical task on auto-pilot. Like at my previous work in a shop. Can you imagine how that must be? You're at the paydesk, doing your thing on auto-pilot, thinking. You might even be happy. Like... Really happy. But you're thinking. Of happy things. And then some customer gets all snappy and says "someone doesn't like her job". And all you can think of: "I WAS happy till you came around!".

I've got into many arguements at work because of this "mad look" while thinking. So I forced myself to have an automatic lift of the corners of my lips. 1: It keeps me a bit more "in this world", 2: People complain less. Win-win!
same again, i would be able to make myself euphoric(happy) from just pure thinking.
The Following User Says Thank You to jonnyc55 For This Useful Post:
sarek (09-14-11)