ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Medications for Co-Existing Conditions > Anti-Depressants
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-19, 11:44 AM
Jr Member

JooceMayn is on a distinguished road
Thinking of tweaking my regimen- looking for input.

Hey guys,

I recently started on 10mg lexapro 2 weeks ago and it's been working wonders. I feel like I finally found something that's helping my social anxiety, and I cant wait to see how much better it gets. This is my first SSRI so i'm new to the world of SSRI meds. I'm strongly considering trying 15 mg when I see my psych (week 3), but I know SSRIs take a while to "fully kick in".

I've been on vyvanse 60mg for around 2.5 years. I've been doing some reading and heard that SSRIs + Wellbutrin/SNRI are a very nice combo, but I haven't heard how they work with ADHD meds. I would assume it can be a bit stimulating? I was actually thinking of changing my ADHD med combo from 60 mg vyvanse to 50 mg in the morning and a 5 mg adderall XR booster around noon. However, since I want to increase my lexapro to 15 mg, I was also considering the vyvanse 50 mg, keeping lexapro at 10, but adding a small dose of wellbutrin or an SNRI (for that additional stimulation but without adding the adderall XR).

I'm just curious to hear what kind of experiences people have had with such combos. I'm not seeking medical advice and I know that my doctor's recommendation carries higher weight. Thanks!