ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 08-24-12, 08:18 PM

pie4fools is on a distinguished road
Aderrall Is Not Always Used To Stimulate And Wake You Up. I Use It As A Sleep Aid

Im Tired of people saying that Adderall makes you awake/hyper no matter what. The most common type of ADD, is where you are tired and you suffer, racing thoughts, hard to pay attention, etc. People with the common ADD will take this medication and they will wake up, be alert, study easier, clear mind. If they take their medication too late, they cant sleep.

I have ADD Hyperactive, i suffer from everything that common ADD suffers from, plus i ALWAYS feel Anxious, uncontrollably tapping my leg, insomnia episodes throughout the years, Having the incredible urge to stand, sitting in a chair for more than 5 minutes without moving is physically and mentally impossible, And many more horrible Hyper feelings/symptoms.

I take 80-120mg Adderall IR Throughout the day.
And a Adderall XR 30mg To sleep.

Finding the correct dosage is extremely challenging. I was diagnosed 3 days ago.
Im 15
Old 08-24-12, 08:22 PM

Re: Aderrall Is Not Always Used To Stimulate And Wake You Up. I Use It As A Sleep Aid

Yes i know adderall is a stimulate no matter who uses it, just people with ADD hyperactivity calm down when they take it because they are Hyper 24/7.

The stimulant effects dopamine levels in your brain. So a Hyperactive ADD's dopamine level returns to a normal persons amount, making them feel normal for the first time in their/my life.
Old 08-25-12, 05:13 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 7,911 Times in 4,072 Posts
fracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Aderrall Is Not Always Used To Stimulate And Wake You Up. I Use It As A Sleep Aid

Okay...

I was going to call you a unicorn but seeing as you're only 15 you may not have grown out of the hyperactive symptoms. In adulthood you are not just hyperactive but have both hyperactive symptoms. It's referred to as combined ADHD. That's why we say here people with hyperactivity in adulthood are unicorns. Mythic.

People probably go on about Adderal waking people up because when people hear 'ADHD' they think of the hyperactive type only, and think the medication turns you into a zombie. They feel under represented. Maybe.

The medication balances out the neurotransmitters. I get that calm feeling too, and sometimes get more motivation and energy.

The anxiety could be separate but be developed out of having ADHD.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-12, 08:11 AM

I just hear "I am suffering from ADHD....i have to take a 10mg XR every morning to function. If i take it too late I cant sleep" How could you say that you are hyperactive, if you never have, or have grown out of that symptom. The only reason it makes me kinda mad, is when i look up, "Need adderall to sleep." I get HELP I CANT SLEEP and then a ****load of ADHD and not sleeping....

Im really not trying to sound like a *****, but its frustrating...Cant find a good dosage. Yea the 30mg XR makes me past calm, lame and unmotivated. I like the IR better, Keeps me calm, fast acting, and i can feel the comedown, so i just take another.(lasts 2 hours)My Hyperactive symptoms just rush back when im off of it.

Ive also seen,"That's impossible, Adderall is a stimulant."

I don't see how i would grow out of the Hyperactive....My resting, Non-Adderall state is more Hyper than ever. I just blame it on the comedown, and i feel that....Now i know what normal is, and being hyperactive all the time sucks dick.
Old 08-25-12, 08:51 AM
Contributor

FocusPocus10 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pie4fools View Post
I just hear "I am suffering from ADHD....i have to take a 10mg XR every morning to function. If i take it too late I cant sleep" How could you say that you are hyperactive, if you never have, or have grown out of that symptom. The only reason it makes me kinda mad, is when i look up, "Need adderall to sleep." I get HELP I CANT SLEEP and then a ****load of ADHD and not sleeping....

Im really not trying to sound like a *****, but its frustrating...Cant find a good dosage. Yea the 30mg XR makes me past calm, lame and unmotivated. I like the IR better, Keeps me calm, fast acting, and i can feel the comedown, so i just take another.(lasts 2 hours)My Hyperactive symptoms just rush back when im off of it.

Ive also seen,"That's impossible, Adderall is a stimulant."

I don't see how i would grow out of the Hyperactive....My resting, Non-Adderall state is more Hyper than ever. I just blame it on the comedown, and i feel that....Now i know what normal is, and being hyperactive all the time sucks dick.
I feel your pain man, sounds like you need a higher dose. Keep at it though, you're on the right track!