ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Advocacy, Coaching, Counseling and Practitioner Referrals > International Referrals > Canada
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-12, 06:28 PM

TimmyJohn is on a distinguished road
Anyone know how to access school records or medical records?

Hi, I was a crazy kid (ex. suspended 13 times in gr 4.), and I'm pretty sure I had/have ADD. I've dealt with it in my own ways so far (like spreading out my university degree over 6 years), but now that I've started working, and I've found my condition (if that's what it is) to be a huge obstacle.

I want to get tested/assessed, but I am in serious debt and do not have the means. I remember getting testing for a bunch of things when I was younger (LD, hearing deficits, and I'm pretty sure ADHD). I think having this information might help me get diagnose or re-diagnosed.

I am not on speaking terms with my Mother (Religion can be a great divider), and my father passed away some time ago. So I can't ask them whether or not I was tested. So does anyone know a way for me to get access to school records (early 1990's) or find out who my GP was when I was younger? (I can't for the life of me remember)

I know this is probably a shot in the dark, but any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks all,

Timmykara (I know I have a strange first name...)