ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Wellbutrin
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Wellbutrin (bupropion hcl)

Old 07-08-11, 04:55 PM

alkalineashes will become famous soon enough
Re: Bupropion + caffeine effect?

im breakin my rule now, havin a diet rockstar...I dunno why I feel like i need super alert rite now. Prob from comin out of that lexapro fog.Will c how the comedown goes.
Old 01-28-14, 09:13 AM

babe12477 is on a distinguished road

The wellbutrin definitely helped with my boredom, I'm a recovering drug addict, too. I experienced serious anhedonia before i was prescribed wellbutrin and now it's a lot better.
Old 03-15-15, 01:51 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 6,260 Times in 2,929 Posts
Drewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond repute

Taking wellbutrin now, about a week into it, still at 150mg. Haven't noticed much of anything, until the day I decided to drink two cups of regular coffee and eat a handful of espresso beans with chocolate... oh boy...

I have to say, for about eight hours I was more productive than I've been the rest of this year so far combined. No anxiety, just a lot of drive. Adderall does not give me bursts of energy like that. Down side is that I skipped eating and crashed rather hard when it wore off and I felt quite sick from lack of food.

I do tend to feel like the wellbutrin is making my ADHD worse to some small extent, but I haven't been taking it long enough to make a fair critique. I do feel like I'm struggling more with recall than my usual baseline. If I stay on this, I think my coffee consumption is going to shoot up, because that's when it feels effective.

Going to 300mg in a week, will report back if there is anything noteworthy.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-15, 03:00 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Batman55 is a splendid one to beholdBatman55 is a splendid one to beholdBatman55 is a splendid one to beholdBatman55 is a splendid one to beholdBatman55 is a splendid one to beholdBatman55 is a splendid one to beholdBatman55 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
Taking wellbutrin now, about a week into it, still at 150mg. Haven't noticed much of anything, until the day I decided to drink two cups of regular coffee and eat a handful of espresso beans with chocolate... oh boy...

I have to say, for about eight hours I was more productive than I've been the rest of this year so far combined. No anxiety, just a lot of drive. Adderall does not give me bursts of energy like that. Down side is that I skipped eating and crashed rather hard when it wore off and I felt quite sick from lack of food.

I do tend to feel like the wellbutrin is making my ADHD worse to some small extent, but I haven't been taking it long enough to make a fair critique. I do feel like I'm struggling more with recall than my usual baseline. If I stay on this, I think my coffee consumption is going to shoot up, because that's when it feels effective.

Going to 300mg in a week, will report back if there is anything noteworthy.
I tried Wellbutrin for one day a month ago and know I can't take it. Just half of the smallest dose, which is 37.5mg. Apparently I can't even tolerate that much--it seems to aggravate both my anxiety and an underlying health issue.

I think I'm the most sensitive to medications on this entire forum, possibly.
Old 03-15-15, 04:46 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,927 Times in 1,353 Posts
Corina86 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina86 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina86 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina86 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina86 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina86 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina86 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina86 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina86 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina86 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina86 has a reputation beyond repute

@Drewbacca

Please make sure to check your blood pressure sometime when you're on meds+ coffee. Both of these made my bp and pulse skyrocket, together they were a disaster. It doesn't mean everyone will have high bp and pulse on them, but it's worth checking it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Corina86 For This Useful Post:
Drewbacca (03-16-15)
Old 11-12-17, 11:14 AM
Jr Member

dopaminerush is on a distinguished road

coffee not working on wellbutrin for me. If i drink 1 liter filter coffee making me just anxious. below that, nothing.

Let me correct some wrong information here i didnt noticed any benefit for cognitive tasks on wellbutrin except motivation and some focus and it is killing short term memory making me look like far more adhd. forgetting what to buy in grocery store...etc

It has anticholinergic effects. its not gonna improve your memory. but giving some motivation to do tihngs and focus, improving some adhd like deppression symptoms this can improve your jobs and confused with memory. There is a lot of people on the internet using smart drugs and a lot of adhd guys you can see they are searching for ways to combat anticholinergic effects of wellbutrin. May be your getting back the memory that depression took away from you.

For me best synergistic antidepressant for coffee is 5mg escitalopram. when on lexa i feel a very stabile energy without any crash. escitalopram is removing tolerance to ritalin too and i started to response 2,5mg ritalin for 1.5 hour.
its like stabilizing excess adrenaline,dopamine and noreadrenaline giving solid power without anxious feeling.
btw im on creatine,fish oil,mag-zinc, sometimes NAC.

over stimulated stimjunkie guys need to immidiatly stop taking those things and jump on memantine or titrated cycles of NAC to get your brain back.