ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > ADDiction & Substance Abuse
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-19, 07:28 PM
Jr Member

DogMom123 is on a distinguished road
For anyone struggling with overuse of meds this device saved my life

Kitchen Safe Mini - Time Locking Container

(currently available at Amazon for about $55)

I know there are many out there who have had life changing positive effects when using stimulant medication at the prescribed therapeutic dose, but have also at some point struggled with overuse and taking more than prescribed.

for some of us, the benefits of stimulants are huge in our lives but we need help taking them as prescribed. If you are like that, this device literally saved my life. Every morning I take out my medication dose for the day, then put the meds back and set the timer for 24 hours. now if when I use my dose for the day and I feel like I still need more coverage or I want to keep working later, I don't have the option to say oh one more dose won't hurt. I am able to take my medicine exactly as prescribed and continue to experience the benefits without having access to any extra.

now obviously you could break this with a hammer if you were really trying to get to the meds - it's not going to help someone with a true addiction who is at that level. but for those of us in the situation I described, this just might save your life too.

Last edited by namazu; 06-08-19 at 07:51 PM.. Reason: removed link to commercial website, per ADDF site guidlines; replaced with photo and info
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DogMom123 For This Useful Post:
notoutthewoods (07-05-19), Roxx1980 (07-02-19)
Old 07-05-19, 06:40 PM

notoutthewoods is on a distinguished road
Re: For anyone struggling with overuse of meds this device saved my life

Just bought two (different sizes) after seeing this post.

<3