ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > ADDiction & Substance Abuse
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-18, 09:15 AM
ADDvanced Member

lisariver is a glorious beacon of lightlisariver is a glorious beacon of lightlisariver is a glorious beacon of lightlisariver is a glorious beacon of lightlisariver is a glorious beacon of light
Anybody trying to add pi without medication?

Feel free to pm me...if you don't want to reply here. I'm having a lot of problems making decisions and of course the other usual symptoms.
Old 09-26-18, 01:56 PM

Thanked 34,233 Times in 15,486 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anybody trying to add pi without medication?

just to clarify, are you asking about treating ADHD-PI without medication due to a substance addiction issue?
Old 09-27-18, 07:17 AM
ADDvanced Member

lisariver is a glorious beacon of lightlisariver is a glorious beacon of lightlisariver is a glorious beacon of lightlisariver is a glorious beacon of lightlisariver is a glorious beacon of light

yes, that too but it's not my primary group, ACoA is.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-18, 10:57 AM

peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

I'm unfamiliar with that acronym. Thanks for clarifying though!
Old 09-27-18, 11:35 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 26,864 Times in 12,537 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

ACoA is Adult Children of Alcoholics.

As far as what the OP is asking, I don't have a clue.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
peripatetic (09-27-18)
Old 09-27-18, 11:50 AM

so, given that's the acronym...

lisa, are you asking, because you're an adult child of an alcoholic and fear becoming addicted if you use adhd (stimulant particularly) medication, whether anyone is in a similar spot and treating adhd-pi sans medication?
Old 09-27-18, 12:09 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 26,864 Times in 12,537 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by peripatetic View Post

lisa, are you asking, because you're an adult child of an alcoholic and fear becoming addicted if you use adhd (stimulant particularly) medication, whether anyone is in a similar spot and treating adhd-pi sans medication?
Oh I see now.

I'm not ACoA, but by accident I found that Omega 3 fish oil supplements
improve my adhd symptoms, so I've never asked for stimulant meds.
You might want to try them too and see if they give you any benefit.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
Old 09-27-18, 05:10 PM
ADDvanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peripatetic View Post

yes, and the side effects of things is too much. Thanks!
Old 09-27-18, 05:20 PM
ADDvanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
Oh I see now.

I'm not ACoA, but by accident I found that Omega 3 fish oil supplements
improve my adhd symptoms, so I've never asked for stimulant meds.
You might want to try them too and see if they give you any benefit.
Thanks for the Omega 3 suggestion...I've tried so many different supplements, seems like all of them at times, I've made myself a guinea pig, seems like a disorder in itself at times. Now I'm down to flax, chia, mackerel, amaranth, salmon, spirulina, ginkgo, multivitamins, B vitamins, greens to my diet, exercise, fasting, meditation.
Old 09-29-18, 05:28 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,083 Times in 15,343 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Lisa- I am still unclear as to how I can offer advice because I am not sure what you are asking. Can you give some backround or context?

I carried a watermelon?
Old 09-29-18, 07:22 AM
ADDvanced Member

Thanks, Sarah. I am new to this diagnoses so I'm still learning a lot. I don't feel I can take medication, so I feel, maybe, at least some of my hurdles are higher, at least different.
I was hoping to relate to someone with similar challenges, I mean I don't know, can those who are in the clarity of their meds still relate with one who isn't taking any? I did read a couple of intolerant posts from a while ago, that kind of scared me.
I have a lot of trouble articulating and some trouble with comprehension, which my diagnoser blamed on adhd (add-pi) but I think maybe the tests aren't good enough to track down all of my issues.
So, I guess, I just hoped to find someone else who's trying to get through it without meds.
Old 01-16-19, 11:28 AM
Forum Guru

Hathor is on a distinguished roadHathor is on a distinguished roadHathor is on a distinguished roadHathor is on a distinguished roadHathor is on a distinguished roadHathor is on a distinguished roadHathor is on a distinguished roadHathor is on a distinguished roadHathor is on a distinguished roadHathor is on a distinguished road

CBT is a bit of help for me. \\

By a bit i do mean a bit but THAT is a bit better than nothing.

When a psychologist tried to help me with it I degenerated into narrow mindedness, mostly my fault, ibut it didnt help that the presentation was a lot like homework from school.

You can get an idea by reading Albert Ellis' wiki page. It didnt take much reading to see I had judged CBT rashly

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Ellis

a lot of adhd ers probably start doing it naturally, or at least with age and meds.

Old 01-17-19, 11:21 AM

Alphawave is on a distinguished road

I second that fish oil supplements work.

Exercise helps for motivation, and so does a job