ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Wellbutrin
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Wellbutrin (bupropion hcl)

Old 08-31-18, 10:39 AM
Contributor

Funky1 is a name known to allFunky1 is a name known to allFunky1 is a name known to allFunky1 is a name known to allFunky1 is a name known to allFunky1 is a name known to all
Wellbutrin insomnia

Does it get better after some time? I've been taking it for a week (75mg twice a day), and while I only notice a slight effect on overall tiredness at night, I've been waking up earlier and earlier every morning, absolutely unable to get back to sleep. I understand this is a different type of medication than the stimulants, that it takes time to build up in the body, I just I want to know what to expect in terms of sleep disturbances, and wonder how successful of an add treatment this could possibly be considering how important getting enough sleep is.

Anyone have any experience they would care to share? I don't know if there's any other Stephen King fans out there, but I'm starting to feel just like the main character in Insomnia...
Old 08-31-18, 12:37 PM
Committee Member

Emre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to all
Re: Wellbutrin insomnia

I have experience , i had problem with late sleeping and waking up early when i was on Wellbutrin 2 years ago

After few months this side effect disappeared but i cant guarentee that will be same for you

In general , Actually Wellbutrin is a Noradrenaline reuptake inhibitor
It inhibits reuptake of Dopamine , really weakly

If you look at pharmacology of Buprion and compare it to strattera
You can see that which one is more potent at max theuropatic dose
Old 08-31-18, 12:41 PM
Committee Member

Emre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to all
Re: Wellbutrin insomnia

Ahh i forgot to mention active metabolites
It isnt that simple to compare

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bupropion

Here
Sponsored Links