ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Resources, Tools & Organizational Tips
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-16, 02:59 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

pedalpounder is a name known to allpedalpounder is a name known to allpedalpounder is a name known to allpedalpounder is a name known to allpedalpounder is a name known to allpedalpounder is a name known to all
A device that fidgets on your behalf!

Interesting article. Though it doesn't mention ADHD, I postulate that the mechanism by which this works (if it's not in fact snake oil) is the same as the dopamine++ you get by fidgeting.

Thoughts?

Old 08-31-16, 03:00 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

pedalpounder is a name known to allpedalpounder is a name known to allpedalpounder is a name known to allpedalpounder is a name known to allpedalpounder is a name known to allpedalpounder is a name known to all
Re: A device that fidgets on your behalf!

oh wait, they DO mention ADHD in the article. How very ADHD of me for not reading the whole thing lol
Old 09-18-16, 02:46 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

C15H25N3O is a name known to allC15H25N3O is a name known to allC15H25N3O is a name known to allC15H25N3O is a name known to allC15H25N3O is a name known to allC15H25N3O is a name known to all

Back in the days when I used a walkman outdoors and vinyl records indoors to listen to music.
I could not afford one of the first mobile phones that were really huge and heavy.

I had over 50 phone number in my brains memory. Meeting new people did not mean to
friend them on facebook but getting their telephone number in seconds into my memory.

Nowadays it is up to devices and I recognize a decrease of memory due to a lack of exercise
memorizing. When I forgot my iPhone at home I become nervous like an addict but I should
enjoy a day off sensory overload.

When the first smart watches were introduced my first thought was: WTF, that is technology
that is know as an ankle monitor for prisoners on probation.

An increase of technology means a decrease of freedom.

CBD-votary
The Following User Says Thank You to C15H25N3O For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (09-22-16)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-16, 01:57 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 4,151 Times in 2,140 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation

Sounds promising. I too missed the mention of adhd in the article lol.

I wish they'd sell it for less money though. $150 sounds enormous for something that just vibrates. Guess it's still less money than my coke every morning and healthier too. Although I have this fear of electronic devices causing cancer if they are pressed too long in one place. I think it's a fear not supported by fact though.
Old 09-22-16, 03:25 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 4,151 Times in 2,140 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by C15H25N3O View Post
Back in the days when I used a walkman outdoors and vinyl records indoors to listen to music.
I could not afford one of the first mobile phones that were really huge and heavy.

I had over 50 phone number in my brains memory. Meeting new people did not mean to
friend them on facebook but getting their telephone number in seconds into my memory.

Nowadays it is up to devices and I recognize a decrease of memory due to a lack of exercise
memorizing. When I forgot my iPhone at home I become nervous like an addict but I should
enjoy a day off sensory overload.

When the first smart watches were introduced my first thought was: WTF, that is technology
that is know as an ankle monitor for prisoners on probation.

An increase of technology means a decrease of freedom.
By "freedom" do you just mean free to have "privacy"? Cause I agree there is definitely a loss in that but I don't feel a loss in terms of what I have the freedom to do.

Privacy is overrated to me anyway. So what if Google knows everything about me.

I like technology in that it's making us ADHDers more like NTs and NTs more like ADHDers. So we're better off with it in that respect. I think technology makes us use our minds less in some ways (like memorizing phone numbers). But it opens our minds in other ways. I didn't know a fraction of the things I know now because of the wealth of knowledge available on the internet. And kids these days seem to learn so fast and more than I ever did when I was young.

The biggest downside to technology to me is that it's eating up our natural resources and polluting our environment. I also worry that the wifi and other hidden impacts of technology are causing cancer. Hopefully we can come up with a technology though that saves our dying world and selves from all the damage we've done.