ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Resources, Tools & Organizational Tips
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-16, 06:58 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,031 Times in 556 Posts
Twiggy is a splendid one to beholdTwiggy is a splendid one to beholdTwiggy is a splendid one to beholdTwiggy is a splendid one to beholdTwiggy is a splendid one to beholdTwiggy is a splendid one to beholdTwiggy is a splendid one to behold
Re: planners...what do you use?

Composition notebooks.

Rx= Nothing. Can't due to medical reasons.

Past Rx= Vyvanse 30mg (6/13/14), Adderall 15mg 1/7/14, Medical Marijuana, Smokeless Tobacco, Adderall IR 25mg 4/23/13, Dexedrine IR 20mg, Ritalin IR 60mg.
The Following User Says Thank You to Twiggy For This Useful Post:
stef (07-23-16)
Old 07-22-16, 11:48 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 16,313 Times in 7,807 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

OCD & post it notes everywhere.
The Following User Says Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
stef (07-23-16)
Old 07-23-16, 06:04 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 27,483 Times in 13,303 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhound1 View Post
OCD & post it notes everywhere.
Hound thats interesting,
I think my cousin may be ocd and we were talking about adhd last springand she says well yes organized, but she has to write absolutely everything, on post- its
The Following User Says Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (07-23-16)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-16, 06:28 AM
Contributor

Chicky75 is just really niceChicky75 is just really niceChicky75 is just really niceChicky75 is just really nice

I used to use a small, cheap weekly planner. I generally remembered to check it, but there were occasionally things I'd miss.

Now that I finally upgraded to a smart phone (iPhone), I use that and my iPad. I like that I can set notifications for reminders not only on a certain date and time, but when I get somewhere - like, remind me to take out the trash when I get home. Also, since I have the 6s iPhone, it has the Hey Siri feature, which is completely voice activated, so I can be doing something else, remember that I have to do x on a certain day and if my phone is anywhere near me, just say Hey Siri, remind me to do x on y ar z time and it will write a reminder for me.

It works for me, plus I'm a geek and it makes me feel like I'm in Star Trek

"Life is more manageable when thought of as a scavenger hunt than a surprise party." (Mozzie, White Collar) (I wish I could remember why I thought this quote was so profound and related to ADHD )
Old 07-23-16, 05:51 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 16,313 Times in 7,807 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef View Post
Hound thats interesting,
I think my cousin may be ocd and we were talking about adhd last springand she says well yes organized, but she has to write absolutely everything, on post- its
Unfortunately, I am not organized at all. Notes and OCD just help me not to forget important things I need to do.

Many times, I loose or misplace my notes or just forget to read them. Usually, if it's something important, I won't forget. I will have so many obsessive thoughts about it, I don't need to make a note but I always do.

Neither really help or keep me organized. They just help me to get by in life.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
spamspambacon (08-29-16), stef (07-24-16)
Old 07-24-16, 02:00 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 27,483 Times in 13,303 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

what suprised me with my cousin is ididnt think she had to write things down in the first place. Also shes a college professor so i always thought, not shy in any way, but she has massive social anxiety. all her papers are super organized and neat and she has this lovely handwriting. i had no idea until recent years that she struggled with anything like that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (07-24-16), spamspambacon (08-29-16)
Old 08-29-16, 12:13 PM

Somurio is on a distinguished road

Hey guys, was looking for a better planner than what I have, but it does seem as if I have the best based on what I found here.

www.gmx.com

Set yourself up an email, and then they have a planner system inside that, you can use custom settings to have it repeat weekly until a certain date, with XX minutes reminders optional for each addition.
I found this great for making the skeleton of my schedule and I was going to stop before fleshing it out to see if their was something better, because I wanted something interactive that I could check mark "complete" when I finish one of my task, but it doesn't look like I am going to find that, so this is just about the best I can get my hands on.

Finally best part of this, is their is a mobile app, so once you set it up online, take it with you everywhere using our cellphone, hope this helps other,

forward your work email to this email so that you can use it to add/schedule more easily, I have an email account just for making / editing my schedule.
Old 08-15-17, 05:39 PM

Ezduzit is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
I am one of those people who will buy a million fancy planners and then use them as a coaster.
Same here... got plenty notebooks used for a few days each.