ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-12, 12:06 PM

Thanked 34,233 Times in 15,486 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: eshperiful...in memoriam

was nine months the other day. seems like yesterday. but then running around the games threads does,too. howon earth has time continued i trulydon't know.

love you and miss you...x
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
βĩο₱Ħعℓĩ (03-01-12), BR549 (02-11-12), danelady (09-30-12), daveddd (02-11-12), doiadhd (08-08-12), ginniebean (02-11-12), Rebelyell (02-11-12)
Old 02-11-12, 02:30 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 21,938 Times in 7,993 Posts
ginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond repute

Harmonious as a river flowing,
You know
A passage is a part of your soul,
A moment of truth is told.

There is a different night
To each lover,
There is a destiny in day,
Words so remarkable
They never fade

I miss you too poet otter.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ginniebean For This Useful Post:
βĩο₱Ħعℓĩ (03-01-12), BR549 (02-11-12), danelady (09-30-12), doiadhd (08-08-12), Drewbacca (08-26-12), maiforpeace (02-12-12), peripatetic (02-11-12)
Old 05-08-12, 02:59 PM

peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

you brought so much joy into my life--musical, silly, brilliant one. i'm so grateful for you always.

i love you, shaney :-)

x
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
Abi (05-08-12), Blueranne (05-08-12), BR549 (05-10-12), buddy (05-08-12), danelady (09-30-12), doiadhd (08-08-12), Fuzzy12 (05-08-12), sarek (05-08-12)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-12, 03:06 PM

Thanked 30,751 Times in 14,141 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by peripatetic View Post
you brought so much joy into my life--musical, silly, brilliant one. i'm so grateful for you always.

i love you, shaney :-)

x
I didn't get to meet him but I've read some of his posts. He sounds like a really amazing person!!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Abi (05-08-12), BR549 (05-10-12), doiadhd (08-08-12), peripatetic (09-08-12)
Old 05-08-12, 04:07 PM

Thanked 1,275 Times in 963 Posts
mildadhd has disabled reputation

Dear Shane,

I am learning more from you everyday!

Love GBYR
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mildadhd For This Useful Post:
Abi (05-08-12), BR549 (05-10-12), peripatetic (05-08-12)
Old 05-08-12, 05:01 PM
Registered

Thanked 17,760 Times in 8,903 Posts
Abi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Neo

"I think David Archuleta's picture is starting to annoy me." - BellaVita

"A glass of water is healthier than a glass of vodka - but you don't substitute one for the other." - aeon

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Abi For This Useful Post:
BR549 (05-10-12), doiadhd (08-08-12), peripatetic (05-08-12), sarek (05-08-12)
Old 05-10-12, 01:20 PM

Thanked 1,275 Times in 963 Posts
mildadhd has disabled reputation

Shane

When you post at ADDF.

You always take the heat off me.

Seeing things one step larger.

What I learned later to be brilliancy.

I first mistook as rude.

As I get to know you better.

I realized I could not have been more wrong.

We all have a lack of balance in certain areas.

It is easy to misunderstand and be misunderstood.

Give thanks to People.

For forgiving each other.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mildadhd For This Useful Post:
Abi (05-10-12), BR549 (05-10-12), danelady (09-30-12), doiadhd (08-08-12), ginniebean (10-14-12), peripatetic (05-11-12), Turbochica (06-11-12)
Old 08-26-12, 02:57 PM
Suspended Account

Thanked 5,300 Times in 2,835 Posts
Gilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond reputeGilthranon has a reputation beyond repute

Peri - I'm so sorry for you !

But even more for esh... although he won't know now. I wish I could have known him, I wish I could have supported him, and I blame myself now for not being more active on this forum to support those who need it, WHEN they need it. All I know is that the feeling you have when you realize you're too late to reach someone but when the motivation is still there... is dreadful

Thank you for this thread. Even though I have, to my greatest shame, to admit not having had the privilege of benefiting from his friendship.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gilthranon For This Useful Post:
Abi (10-12-12), Drewbacca (08-26-12), ginniebean (08-26-12), peripatetic (08-26-12)
Old 08-26-12, 05:27 PM

thank you. i'm not really sure how to reply to your further comments, but i know he appreciates your notes on wanting to be a source of strength for others. best wishes to you, peri
The Following User Says Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
doiadhd (08-27-12)
Old 08-26-12, 05:54 PM

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,786 Posts
Sandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond repute

Esh was a fascinating and complicated man. Ocyan, you might relate.

And more importantly, Esh's friendship with Peri was real. It was online, and then it grew to be more, and it was real...

I was dreamin' when I wrote this. So sue me if I go too fast. ~ 1999, Prince, 1982.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sandy4957 For This Useful Post:
Abi (10-12-12), doiadhd (08-27-12), Drewbacca (08-26-12), Gilthranon (08-29-12), peripatetic (08-27-12)
Old 08-26-12, 07:16 PM

Thanked 6,260 Times in 2,929 Posts
Drewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocyan View Post
I blame myself now for not being more active on this forum to support those who need it, WHEN they need it. All I know is that the feeling you have when you realize you're too late to reach someone but when the motivation is still there... is dreadful
I lost a good friend last winter. We met on facebook, initially. We later came to call one another sister/brother.
The year before, I lost a friend who lived just down the street.
In all, I've lost three friends to suicide in just over a year... the last few years have not been happy ones for many of us.

My point is, we all tend to ask ourselves whether or not we could have made a difference if we just made that last phone call or knocked on the door on that particular night. This holds true whether the friend is an arm's reach away or across the world. However, we can't be everywhere at once; no one can. All we can do now is show support and lend an ear to those who will benefit from it, now.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Drewbacca For This Useful Post:
Abi (10-12-12), amberwillow (10-12-12), anonymouslyadd (08-27-12), BouCoupDinkyDau (10-12-12), danelady (09-30-12), doiadhd (08-27-12), DvlsAdv0c8 (08-27-12), Gilthranon (08-29-12), peripatetic (08-27-12), Slo-mo a-go-go (08-26-12)
Old 08-27-12, 12:06 AM
Forum Guru

MX2012 has much to be proud ofMX2012 has much to be proud ofMX2012 has much to be proud ofMX2012 has much to be proud ofMX2012 has much to be proud ofMX2012 has much to be proud ofMX2012 has much to be proud ofMX2012 has much to be proud ofMX2012 has much to be proud of

Ow.....thanks Peri........so sorry................
Abi (08-28-12), peripatetic (08-27-12)
Old 10-12-12, 03:31 AM

Thanked 2,520 Times in 1,267 Posts
BouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond repute

Ha! I'm about to overtake esh on one of the game threads, but now I don't want to post on it anymore so that I won't...

BR549 (10-12-12), Drewbacca (10-12-12), ginniebean (10-14-12), peripatetic (10-12-12), sarek (10-12-12)
Old 10-12-12, 05:36 AM

boucoup!

you know...that he made you score higher than yoau would've...that'shuge man..i can se3 him smiling that...you know...you overtake high scroe...and he plays a role in that...you leave it...and he didn't push you further...to your best you....he would DEMAND you play as hard as you can..

i know how hard it is to not have him.

i really ******* do...you know i do

but...yiu know..he wouldn't let you win if you ere battling it out here

and he wants to be...inspire us to be our best us...

or...be the us ...

like...every time i don't react and i can...be helpful when i really want to evisceray4 because i find a place of compassion ....or make a ******* decision already about pretty much anything instead of gettingcaufht up in overwhelm..

dood..that he's the catalyst for the variety of people on this thread...you know how many acts of sheer kindness and support are here?

people i didn't even knw reached out to me

and some poelpe who really didn't necessarily liek me...

but....all i'm saying boucoup...is that any time you do something better than you woeuld've before...and he's involved somehow...you honour his memory in the very , serially. absolutely...you're better for him having been here...

he wanted to make a difference'

and be a force of (well...he was cheeky fun, yeah...but he told me once he saw self as a gadfly..i wanna say he poste that, too....but...can't say for sure..i think so...

but look...that people showed kindness and love to one another...trust me...that so many have been so supportive of me. he..it

that he didn't hve to go and others crumpled, but that we do even better...for me...which...ok...may be a me thing...but i don't htink so...that you think abouthim...that means he matters. his life ...that you think of him...

oh man...all of us 3ho kne3 him...and even maybe poeople who didn't...when you remember him and talk about him..it means he meant something to you

it means he lived and he mattered...

there's a place for sorrow in this story..but he didn't live a life not worth living. he struggled mightily...and there were times....all worth it. it has to all be worth it for any of it, us, him...if i knew at every moment that at ultimately i'd be writing the start of this thread...

you know nietzsche?

eternal return?

can you say, all the everything...the full spectrum....if you knew it'd be the same..

would you take it all again? if given the option..what's your anser? i can say without a shadow of a doubt....**** yes

ENCORE!

beause things aren't always...you na't control everything...but you can say whether you'd be at the table...

and when you push forward and beat that game...you bring him with you, you know?

bottom line:

you might beat it tonight...or some other day...and when you do... that you think of him...you honor him well. i promise you. i know, amd you know i do....and a lot of us share this trait: love me, hate me...jsut don't ignore me.

you beat him...and it means you don't pity him...

he's a force to be reckoned with...you take that high score...that means more than leaving his name up there..means he went down from someone who must've foiught hard to win.

if you're off already.;or if you're sad....jsut please remember that whenever you feel ...if no one else..*I* appreciate it..it means a lot to me. because doing justice to his life and..really...at the end of the day....that's what matters most. to me...here..you do so just by living yours...and to the fullest.

EDIT:

also, man...side note to my ...me-ness

best to you...haven't seen you around in a while ....good to see your name pop up.... :-)

x

Last edited by peripatetic; 10-12-12 at 05:49 AM..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
Abi (10-12-12), BR549 (10-12-12), Drewbacca (10-12-12), sarek (10-12-12)
Old 10-12-12, 10:54 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,083 Times in 15,343 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Shall I compare thee to a summers day, you art more lovely and temperate.

rough winds do shake the buds of may

and summers lease hath all to short a date.

Sometimes to hot the eye of heaven shines and oft is his is gold complection dimmed.
By ever fair from fair sometime declines by natures course changling course untrimmed.

But thy eternal summers shall not fade nor lose possesion of that fair thou owest.

Nor shall death brag though wonderest in his shade.

When internal lines thou growest so long as men can breath and the eyes can see, so long lives this love and gives life to thee.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Abi (10-12-12), peripatetic (10-12-12)
Closed Thread