ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Depression
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-11, 07:27 PM
Forum ADDvocate

425runner has a spectacular aura about425runner has a spectacular aura about
Re: Depression!!!

20 mg? I thought you've been taking 2 mg all this time....how does the 20 feel? I was on 10 mg for a week and while it was wonderfull for the first couple of days, I was actually smiling when driving to work (something I usually don't do), and felt great but then it disappeared and made me drowsy. I could barely function so I stopped. Still have some left....hmmm..maybe it'll work with the Wellbutrin I'm on.
Old 04-18-11, 07:31 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,123 Times in 673 Posts
excel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to behold

I was on 10 before the 20. I don't feel tired. I take at 5 pm everday. I haven't noticed any difference between the 20v and the ten yet. My pdoc said call him in a month if their is no improvement
Old 04-18-11, 08:40 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Do you take any stimulants for ADD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by excel View Post
I was on 10 before the 20. I don't feel tired. I take at 5 pm everday. I haven't noticed any difference between the 20v and the ten yet. My pdoc said call him in a month if their is no improvement
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-11, 07:26 AM

excel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to behold

No, I tried adderal and ritalan with no success
Old 04-28-11, 12:44 PM

If we let it, Depession can last a life time. We just have to beat it
Old 04-28-11, 12:50 PM
ADDvanced Member

fatality is on a distinguished road

Quote:
No, I tried adderal and ritalan with no success
SNRI's have shown success in treating over-focused ADHD / ADD, and may work when stimulants fail.
Old 04-28-11, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatality View Post
SNRI's have shown success in treating over-focused ADHD / ADD, and may work when stimulants fail.
What are SNRI's
Old 04-28-11, 10:56 PM
ADDvanced Member

fatality is on a distinguished road

Quote:
What are SNRI's
Selective Noepinephrine Reuptake Inhibitors. In laymans terms, these medications basically allow your brain to circulate Serotonin and Noepinephrine (* Adrenaline *) throughout your brain longer. The theory is that these meds build up the levels of these particular neurotransmitters by preventing them from being absorbed too soon in the brain.

Think of a "tupper-ware container for your brain juices" That's pretty much the role of the SNRI.

Serotonin is related to happiness.
Dopamine is related to pleasure, motivation.
Nopinephrine is related to focus, energy - in higher levels: anxiety.

These pills are definitely no replacement for a energy drink - they aren't going to give you tons of energy to do the things you used to love. However, when your so depressed you can't get out and enjoy life - they will help. Unless of course your bi-polar, then hypo-mania may activate and you'll be manic.

Hope that resolves any confusion and was explained throughly
Old 04-30-11, 02:59 PM

I have been getting a lot done this weekend by forcing myself to do things.
Old 04-30-11, 06:21 PM

Thanked 2,289 Times in 1,189 Posts
buddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant future

Sometimes, that is the only way to get things done.You have to force yourself to start & then keep at it until you have accomplished what you set out to do.I get a lift of my bad mood if I can look & see that I have finally completed a task.
Old 04-30-11, 09:06 PM

Yep! I got my lawn cut and edged. I tilled my garden, and pulled weeds from between my driveway
Old 05-01-11, 02:38 PM

Today I haven't done much of anything
Old 05-01-11, 07:23 PM
Forum ADDvocate

I felt great today up unti 3 pm, then the "black cloud" surrounded me and I've been eating cheescake to cheer myself up. Unfortunatelly, I know that I'll feel miserable tomorrow. I've gained 10 lb.....and I need to lose weight. I'm on 300 mg Wellbutrin XL
Old 05-01-11, 09:40 PM

Thanked 2,289 Times in 1,189 Posts
buddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant future

I made myself go out & work in the garden. even though I didn't feel like it.After awhile I got into it, now I look at what was accomplished & feel much better.
The Following User Says Thank You to buddy For This Useful Post:
425runner (05-02-11)
Old 05-02-11, 06:36 AM
Forum ADDvocate

That's a great motivation for today! Not that I'll be working in the garden but just get myself going and make it through the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy View Post
I made myself go out & work in the garden. even though I didn't feel like it.After awhile I got into it, now I look at what was accomplished & feel much better.