ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adult Education
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adult Education This forum is to discuss issues related to ADD and higher education.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-02-05, 10:40 PM

bowlerkid has disabled reputation
Books that have helped me..by a college student..

Hey guys, I'm in college and I've read these books and am reading the books by David D.Burns and I seriously recommend these books to you folks whether in college or not, because they've helped me and are helping me.

Note: These are not books specific for ADD treatment etc...but books that have helped me even though I'm ADD.

Learning Skills for College and Career : by Paul I. Hettich
{THis one really gives you stull backed up by research and chapters are written by ppl. specialized in their stuff}

First things first : By Stephen Covey (NOT the one that says, to live, to learn and to leave a legacy)
{It's a pretty interesting time management book and don't expect wonders but do expect yourself to understand the difference between importance and urgency, and trust me it's worth it}

The anxiety and Phobia Workbook : by Edmund J. Bourne Ph.D
{Great for coping with anxiety}

Feeling Good - The New Mood Therapy - David D. Burns
(for Coping with depression)

http://The Feeling Good Handbook - D...<br /> <br />

"A mistake in judgement isn't fatal, but too much anxiety about judgement is." -Pauline Kael (film critic) {From the book:Learning skills for college and career}

"If you think educations is important, try ignorance."- ex-President of
Harvard

"WANNA KNOW ABOUT TABLET PCS? ASK ME!!!"