ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > ADDiction & Substance Abuse
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-18, 02:02 PM
Committee Member

Emre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to all
Re: 200mg Concerta

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMaGiicS View Post
Well i got in cotact with my doctor, He's put me on Elvanse 30mg, Next week 50mg, following week 70mg, If Elvanse doesn't agree with me due to it being weak, He will start me back of with 36mg Concerta and work my way back up as tolerance should be lowered.

I'm new to this sort of information you guys are giving me, So i'm kinda finding it hard to understand it
I haven’t seen any article about cross tolerance between amphetamines and methylphenidate

But i suggest you to have two things:
-Patience
-Follow instructions

There is no magic wand that can give you thing that you want.
Old 08-31-18, 08:37 AM

DarkMaGiicS is on a distinguished road

Got swapped to 30mg Elvanse, Had a psychotic episode, Was rushed to ER, Had 37.5mg risperidone injection

Back home now, Doctor has put me on Focalin, Got to go bacm to doctors in 2 weeks for another injection, If another physosis episode happens again, That's me of stimulants.

But i'm on Focalin now, Giving it another month on this, Doesn't work or agree with me, Depending on the reason why.. i'll be put back on Concerta 18mg, Increase every once month by 18mg.

Had visual and audio hallunicanations, Was mild, But when i got to the hospital i was almost fully out of of this world
Old 08-31-18, 08:51 AM
Committee Member

Emre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMaGiicS View Post
Got swapped to 30mg Elvanse, Had a psychotic episode, Was rushed to ER, Had 37.5mg risperidone injection

Back home now, Doctor has put me on Focalin, Got to go bacm to doctors in 2 weeks for another injection, If another physosis episode happens again, That's me of stimulants.

But i'm on Focalin now, Giving it another month on this, Doesn't work or agree with me, Depending on the reason why.. i'll be put back on Concerta 18mg, Increase every once month by 18mg.

Had visual and audio hallunicanations, Was mild, But when i got to the hospital i was almost fully out of of this world
Ahh sorry to hear that
Thats why i told , u need approvement of your doctor before you try anything

You have psychosis so you must be careful
Focalin is isomer of methylphenidate (correct me if iím wrong)
So hopefully you wont have any problem with it
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-18, 10:29 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,083 Times in 15,343 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

I am concerned with the psychotic breaks. Has this ever happened with Concerta? If not, why try something else why not just stay on Concerta?

I carried a watermelon?
Old 08-31-18, 02:22 PM
Committee Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
I am concerned with the psychotic breaks. Has this ever happened with Concerta? If not, why try something else why not just stay on Concerta?
Sarah , he had psychosis before , he didnt have any problem with concerta .
But you know he abused and took theuropatic dose 200+ mg
He came here and explained his worries about tolerance , “meds dont work”

I suggest him to have a break for week and discuss it with ur doctor, he couldnt have a break

Later you told him about compilsive behaviour and suggested him changing medd

He told Elvanse(Vyanse) is weak , but your idea was good
So i told him , if amphetamines and methylphenidate don’t have cross tolerance
Give Elvanse a try , also told him if you wont get satisfied , you can use Elvanse for a month then start using Concerta again
Also told him to ask approvement from your doctor

His doctor gave him Elvanse , he tried . Later he explained what happened
After all these things , now his doctor gave him Focalin

I don’t have enough knowledge about it but probably he can never use amphetamines because of psychosis

But also he cant use concerta for a while because he says that
His tolerance is really high, methylphenidate doesnt work

He can’t use concerta until his tolerance gets back to basic level
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emre22 For This Useful Post:
DarkMaGiicS (08-31-18), namazu (08-31-18)
Old 08-31-18, 03:17 PM

DarkMaGiicS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
Never happened before from stimulants.
First time known to have it, I thought it was a really rare side effect, But i took my Elvanse at half 11am, By 3pm i started seeing weird stuff, Like it was just like a blink, Didn't think of anything because i thought it was just my eyes playing games, By 6pm it started, I had a shadow in my kitchen, laughing at me, i frozed, i closed my eyes and started shouting help, I opened my eye's and there was random people i'v never seen standing everywhere in my kitchen, Blacked eyes, In hospital clothes, Needles hanging out there arms, They was telling me to turn psycho, murder, rap* do everything you can think off, Someone must of rang the police, The front door was of latch and i started to believe the police was the actual devil, They called an ambulance, It calmed down, I couldn't focus, I was close to a panic attack, The ambulance came, checked my heart, did a drugs test and it come back positive, they questioned what i had and they said that i'v had a mild psycosis episode from elvanse and the blood test was there to prove it, I had brain scans, Monitors monitoring me, I had some benzodiazepine to calm me down, I felt another psycosis episode come, Everything was going dark, They injected me with a Risperidone, Somewhere that actually hurts..

Doctor put me on new medication, Take 6mg Risperidone at night, Another injection in 2 weeks, Emergancy contact dial just incase,

So well, This medication is giving me positive effects, I'v had eup feeling that was a little mild, Didn't really like the feeling..

Apart from that, I can focus, stick to a task, i have more patience, I don't flip if i'm waiting in a line for so long lmao, It feels like a new me... Hoping that this is working well so i don't have to switch back to Concerta.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DarkMaGiicS For This Useful Post:
Emre22 (08-31-18), namazu (08-31-18)