ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > Forums Help, Q&A
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-18, 01:30 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 15,986 Times in 7,935 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute
Pressing enter=double space?

This is new...as in just today...when I press the enter button, it's double spacing...so when I hit enter, it's actually the equivalent to hitting it twice.
test (I hit enter once here so that there should be no space between this and the sentence above). ---EDIT---??? haha it worked that time.

----edit----- test (okay I hit enter twice so there should be just 1 space between this and everything above)

Okay...when I press the enter button twice (so that just 1 space is created)...it gives me 2 spaces instead. I know it sounds petty, but it bugs me. It means I'm going to have to edit out a bunch of my posts moving forward so I can delete the extra spaces created.
Is there a setting to fix this? Is it my computer? Am I just imagining this? haha

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (05-21-18), namazu (05-21-18)
Old 05-21-18, 01:42 PM

psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Pressing enter=double space?

Okay now I'm seeing it in everyone's posts...not just mine.

lol has it always been like this? Am I going nutters like the rest of ya'll on these forums!

How will this mystery unfold?!
Stay tuned!
Same bat time! Same bat station!!

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (05-21-18)
Old 05-21-18, 02:52 PM

Thanked 34,233 Times in 15,486 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

so...you hit enter twice

which brings me to this line... i don't think i understand.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-18, 02:53 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 26,868 Times in 12,538 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

This is a test.

This is only a test.

Hitting enter.

Hitting it again.

Not able to replicate results.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
Old 05-21-18, 05:28 PM

lol I think I'm probably just going bonkers.
test.

test.

test.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Old 05-21-18, 05:28 PM

Nope...I'm definitely getting extra spaces >.<'

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Old 05-21-18, 06:03 PM
Contrapunctual Moderator

Thanked 21,389 Times in 10,789 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute

OK, I think I was able to replicate this (or at least, get something similar to happen) by playing around with the "editor mode".

You can test this using the "Quick Reply" box below the thread, and typing some lines and clicking the icon at the top right of the editing window.

(After hitting enter twice at the end of a line, I see either one space between lines or two, depending on which editing mode I'm in, and which I was in when I typed the spaces.)

To change your default editing mode setting:
- Click "User CP".
- Under "Settings & Options" in the left-hand menu, click "Edit Options".
- Scroll down to "Miscellaneous Options" > "Message Editor Interface", where it says:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vBulletin
When posting messages to the forums or other members, there are three interface types available to you. The simplest of these is a simple text box, while the last is a fully-fledged WYSIWYG editor, which allows you to format your text as you want it and see the results immediately.

Depending upon the capabilities of your web browser, you may not be able to use all of these options. If you experience problems when posting messages, try switching to a different interface type.
- Choose whichever of the 3 options you prefer. (You can test them all out.)

Now, why it would suddenly switch editing modes on you, or be inconsistent, I have no clue! But you might be able to fix it by choosing a different editing interface.

Let us know if that solves the problem.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (05-21-18), peripatetic (05-21-18), psychopathetic (05-21-18)
Old 05-21-18, 06:08 PM

Test.
Test.

Test.

Test.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Old 05-21-18, 06:09 PM

WOOOHOOOO!

haha, no idea why changing that setting did it...but it did! I'd have never in a million years have figured that out!

Thank you Nam-Nams!!

((((((((((((((Namsy))))))))))))))

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (05-21-18), namazu (05-21-18)