ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Desoxyn
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Desoxyn methamphetamine hydrochloride (also known as desoxyephedrine)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-17, 11:13 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

CharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to all
Re: Complicated Situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bothandneither View Post
@sarahsweets

I dont wanna be mean or start an argument so.......assumptions make an *** out of........the end.
sarahsweets has a good reputation on this forum. It doesn't mean she's going to be correct all the time - in this situation, I think she's being more skeptical of you that I am. For online support forums in general, I think we normally should take the OP's word at face value, otherwise it's just too difficult to give meaningful advice if we're always busy second guessing each other. On the other hand, I can see why it can be difficult for people with substance abuse history to be accurate self-evaluators. She has personal experience with substance abuse, whereas I don't.

What I can say with more certainty is that medical research consistently shows that people who take stimulants for the purposes of treating ADHD are able to stay on consistent, reasonable dosages. People who take stimulants in order to get and remain high constantly need to increase their dosages to unreasonably high dosages, and they abuse the route of administration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bothandneither View Post
@CharlesH

Yup I live with my parents right now trying to get my life together so they will be able to keep an eye on me. Ill definitely bring that up.

I do have tons of emotional baggage, but I know why and have talked about it to death. What I need more than anything right now is energy, clarity and focus so I can be productive as my lack of career weighs on me more than anything.

Thanks again for the oodles of good advice.
Just remember that life is a marathon, not a sprint! Your parents can be a good source of support and, most importantly, accountability (which people with ADHD really need). With the psychiatrist, focus on how ADHD is impacting your life (work, school, personal relations, self-care, etc), why you think medication will help your ADHD and improve your life, and why he should be able to trust you and hold you accountable with medication. I know it's frustrating for you, but remember that you're asking him to take a big risk in terms of his professional liability. Keep us updated
The Following User Says Thank You to CharlesH For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-13-17)