ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Resources, Tools & Organizational Tips
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-09, 09:38 PM

pennylee83 is on a distinguished road
Just moved to Boston - Need a psychiatrist.

Hi,

I was diagnosed with ADD 4 years ago and have been prescribed adderall ever since. I just need to find a psychiatrist in Boston that will continue to prescribe the medication. Any help or referrals would be greatly appreciated since I'm new to the area and don't know where to start.

Thanks!
Old 01-08-09, 12:39 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Tara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to all
Re: Just moved to Boston - Need a psychiatrist.

Have you tried the Mass General?
pADDyjay (02-01-09)
Old 02-01-09, 06:05 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,016 Times in 671 Posts
pADDyjay is a name known to allpADDyjay is a name known to allpADDyjay is a name known to allpADDyjay is a name known to allpADDyjay is a name known to allpADDyjay is a name known to allpADDyjay is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennylee83 View Post
Hi,

I was diagnosed with ADD 4 years ago and have been prescribed adderall ever since. I just need to find a psychiatrist in Boston that will continue to prescribe the medication. Any help or referrals would be greatly appreciated since I'm new to the area and don't know where to start.

Thanks!
what part of Boston, Tara's advice is a great place to start...Im up in the northshore area...no problem finding md here...Boston has plenty of large medical school associated hospitals with mental health referals and MD info... take care, keep us posted we care
Old 02-07-10, 10:33 AM

sillystring is on a distinguished road

Yup, I am in Boston too, and it really depends on what part or where you are willing to go. I know of a great psychiatrist in Belmont, but that may or may not be further than you want to go. I typically go to BMC for all my medical care, and they are absolutely great there. Do you have a PCP in the area? If so, you may just start by asking them for the referral.
Old 04-17-16, 03:55 PM

melgage is on a distinguished road

Any advice on a northshore psychiatrist, so many to chose from. Been to 1 and his rule is he wants me to see him a few more times before he will perscribe meds.