ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > SCIENTIFIC DISCUSSIONS, RESEARCH, NEWS AND EVENTS > Scientific, Philosophical & Theoretical Discussions > Open Science & Philosophical Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Open Science & Philosophical Discussion This forum is for open discussion, encouraging new and unconventional ways of thinking, welcoming posts in any format

Old 09-05-19, 01:12 PM

Thanked 6,502 Times in 4,746 Posts
SB_UK has disabled reputation
Re: A complete Solution to Disease/Disorder/Suffering

ps thanks for bhb tip - it gets me into ketosis far better than MCT C8 alone.
Acetone breath lovely lovely.
The Following User Says Thank You to SB_UK For This Useful Post:
tudorose (09-06-19)
Old 09-05-19, 01:14 PM

Of course - the answer given diabetes/obesity was always going to be fat not carb.
And fat minus carb is ketone.

Game over.
Old 09-06-19, 02:15 AM

The subject of food - much like the subject of money comes down to one idea.
As the ToE forum shuts down - there was just 1 point.

It's the love of money/power and not money/power which is the root of all evil.
It's the love of a certain type of food (appetite preference) which is the problem- skews people towards gourmand not gourmet food.

Appetite preference for comfort food occurs when people are in discomfort (See rat park experiment).

Why are people in discomfort ? Well - all nations seem to be founded on equality.

Social and Medical epidemiology clearly states that inequality leads to discomfort.

So - eradicate inequality and ensure equality - permitting people to strive towards personal betterment (learning) - and appetite preference will shift from animal protein/animal fat/sugar and starch to salad, veggies and oil ... ... ... diet becomes the substrate for metabolism and not a drug to force oneself through a dull day or numb the pain from having to do something pointless.

The stimulant/narcotic consequences of gourmand are rejected (See rat park study) and diet is corrected to vegan ketosis - in a world in which equality is foundational.

In a moneyless world.
tudorose (09-08-19)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-19, 02:21 AM

Sadly - the subject of 'diet' is quite trivial.

We're designed to use fat - but can't when we eat protein x carb.

People get fatter.

So - solution through combination of increasing exercise x the profile of vegan ketosis we've described x equality on a global scale

The increasing exercise is very important - just realised over the last month.
I use this:

Also - Increased flexibility as increase running with increasing weights.

Old 09-08-19, 08:12 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 5,585 Times in 2,411 Posts
tudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB_UK View Post
The subject of food - much like the subject of money comes down to one idea.

It's the love of money/power and not money/power which is the root of all evil.
It's the love of a certain type of food (appetite preference) which is the problem- skews people towards gourmand not gourmet food.

Appetite preference for comfort food occurs when people are in discomfort (See rat park experiment).

Why are people in discomfort ? Well - all nations seem to be founded on equality.

Social and Medical epidemiology clearly states that inequality leads to discomfort.

So - eradicate inequality and ensure equality - permitting people to strive towards personal betterment (learning) - and appetite preference will shift from animal protein/animal fat/sugar and starch to salad, veggies and oil ... ... ... diet becomes the substrate for metabolism and not a drug to force oneself through a dull day or numb the pain from having to do something pointless.

The stimulant/narcotic consequences of gourmand are rejected (See rat park study) and diet is corrected to vegan ketosis - in a world in which equality is foundational.

In a moneyless world.
Interesting thoughts. I was thinking if I had to fend for myself I would catch my own food. I'm good at fishing. And we're attempting to grow our own organic veggies.

Ideal life would be a self sustainable farm but I can only dream.

Regards to an earlier post on the previous page I think you mentioned vegan ketosis and increasing exercise.

I used to do a lot of exercise. I've hardly exercised this year. The point you mentioned years ago. About the emotional components is what I've been dealing with all year. I have been doing trauma processing (imagery rescripting). If I can get that sorted then maybe the rest of my life will fall into place.

I'm the meantime keep plugging away. And trying to reduce the amount I'm eating and therefore the amount of animal protein too. Ideally 1 meal a day but for now 2 will do.
SB_UK (09-09-19)
Old 09-09-19, 01:46 AM

10k run + 10kg weights on BHB - hr 140
10k run + 10 kg weights w/o BHB - hr 185

This is remarkable.

Fasting state -> >25% increase in life expectancy in experimental animals.

This increase can be tied to the ^^^ pattern I've just described of lower hr.

Basic idea - we can eliminate disease - but the bottom line is that we're on the clock.
We have a finite number of heart beats (give or take).

Longevity can be arranged if we drop to a lower heart rate - and it looks like bhb does that. Explains (I'm 99% sure) the observed increase in life expectancy under caloric restriction.
tudorose (09-09-19)
Old 09-09-19, 02:33 AM

So - we get to wrap in longevity, transcending all disease including classic genetic disorders (de novo somatic mutation - the major type), increasing health, sustainability, improving personal quality, epigenetic change for the better, biomic change for the better
- and all in just one idea.
A physical activity x diet x mental state (eustress) interaction
tudorose (09-09-19)
Old 10-08-19, 11:35 PM

Monox D. I-Fly has a spectacular aura aboutMonox D. I-Fly has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
What's ToE?
Old 10-12-19, 04:07 PM
Super Meowaderator

Thanked 15,432 Times in 6,132 Posts
meadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
but are the same saturated fats also implicated for those who have other inflammation processes such as rheumatoid arthritis

quote from linked study =inflammation and insulin resistance (IR) are often present in polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS).

OBJECTIVE:
We determined the effect of saturated fat ingestion on circulating lipopolysaccharide (LPS) and mononuclear cell (MNC) toll-like receptor-4 (TLR-4) and suppressor of cytokine signaling-3 (SOCS-3) in women with PCOS.

there is a wide genetic variation in how food effects us as individuals
. What is a problem for women with polycystic ovary syndrome may not have an adverse effect on me at all.

Quote:
o - eradicate inequality and ensure equality - permitting people to strive towards personal betterment (learning) - and appetite preference will shift from animal protein/animal fat/sugar and starch to salad, veggies and oil ... ... ... diet becomes the substrate for metabolism and not a drug to force oneself through a dull day or numb the pain from having to do something pointless.
Although I do understand some people eat "comfort foods" when stressed, I am not convinced that meat eating is a sign of personal dismissiveness regarding personal betterment. I beleive we are genetically programed to prefer and even need more of one source nutrient over another

The influence of genetics on nutritional requirements

artical quote= why do vitamin requirements and our capacity to absorb them differ from one individual to another1? Previous studies have shown that the capacity to absorb some vitamins varies considerably between individuals, for example, by a factor of 34 in the case of vitamin D. A better understanding of individual nutritional requirements will allow scientists to make more personalized nutritional recommendations, which is precisely the aim of nutrigenetics. Even though we do not know all the factors responsible for interindividual variability yet, genetics already seems to be one of the most decisive.

influence of human genetic variation on nutritional requirements.

article quote = Genetic variation is known to affect food tolerances among human subpopulations and may also influence dietary requirements, giving rise to the new field of nutritional genomics and raising the possibility of individualizing nutritional intake for optimal health and disease prevention on the basis of an individual's genome. However, because gene-diet interactions are complex and poorly understood, the use of genomic knowledge to adjust population-based dietary recommendations is not without risk. Whereas current recommendations target most of the population to prevent nutritional deficiencies, inclusion of genomic criteria may indicate subpopulations that may incur differential benefit or risk from generalized recommendations and fortification policies.

In my 15 years of marriage to Gary I have never seen him eat a piece of fruit and the only vegetables he eats are green beens and corn in a can. He is in his early sixties and is still very physically active. If I did not eat fruits and vegetables I would have to call the roter rooter man to clean out my intestinal plumbing at least weekly.

Andotal evidence at one time may be come scientific evidence over time

What is good for the goose is NOT necessarily good for the gander.

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook

Last edited by meadd823; 10-12-19 at 04:32 PM..
Old 10-12-19, 05:09 PM
Super Meowaderator

Thanked 15,432 Times in 6,132 Posts
meadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I can't eat spinach - hurts my teeth ?? - but can manage the baby leaves.
The thing with animal products is that we just can't generate enough for the planet, they're inefficient calorie-wise, huge contributors to climate change and the animals don't really want to die.

I had a severe asthmatic attack on coconut oil - when I realised it was sat fat.
The path of meat vs veggie vs vegan isn't right.

It's more a particular profile of ketosis (fasting mimic) vs 'fed state' - exercise is absolutely critical.

Fasting - muscle loss. Ketosis + ramping up exercise - muscle gain.

Your link is perfect I think minus animal products/minus sat fat and with certain special forms of treatment - soaking of nuts and seeds, sprouting.

SB nothing wants to die but death is part of life none of us escapes it. Raising crops kills wildlife as well. In this existence we can not continue our life without the sacrifice of another life form. It sucks but it it is the way of things.

Not only does raising crops kill native animals it kills the native plants as well. Plants are as alive as we are. Who is to say that the planets consumed are not as sentient as the animals you are against consuming.

Blaming the state of the planet on meet eaters is missing the enormous elephant in the living room.

It is not the human diet that is the main problem. The biggies problem facing earth and every thing on it is the human over population. Human reproduction is out of control.

Until we address our own species over growth all other arguments from diet to climate change are moot.

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to meadd823 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (Today)