ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Bipolar
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-19, 08:19 PM

Lady Shadow has a spectacular aura aboutLady Shadow has a spectacular aura about
My Story of Bipolar

Hi everyone!

My name is Lady Shadow, and I have Bipolar I Disorder. I just want to say that this has been a very hard journey the past 15 years. I never had bipolar, my whole life, until I turned the age of 24. I had a high paying job and unsupportive boyfriend at the time. I used to drink a lot and I became very depressed. At the advice of my friends and family, I went to a psychiatrist, not really knowing what to expect and carelessly he threw Lexapro at me and shooed me out of his office because I was crying uncontrollably.

The Lexapro did something bad to my brain - I don't know the extent of it but it definitely changed my brain chemistry and patterns forever. I had my first violent manic episode because of that horrible irresponsible psychiatrist and it led to many, many, MANY hospitalizations after that. Needless to say, I lost my job, my apartment, all my friends and my will to live. After I recovered and was med-free for three years after that horrible time, the symptoms came back with a vengeance and it sent BACK into the hospital.

The past 15 years have been a nightmare. I haven't been able to hold a job, and I haven't managed to stay out of the hospital. My last hospitalization was 10 months last year in a terrible, terrible place. I now suffer from PTSD because of it.

All I can say is, be careful if you ever go to a doctor for help. Research the physician beforehand and MAKE SURE he/she is responsible.

You don't want to end up like me.

BUT, on a good note, I have a fantastic supportive family and wonderful partner who have helped me through all the bad times. I have also built up a good amount of friends since then and I am always looking for more.

If you need anything, or in need of friend, I will try my best to help you out.

Peace be with you all.

LS
Draw closer,
To find each other,
And to feel.
That is the purpose of life.

To Follow My Blog Please Click Below:
http://www.unchained-heart.com

Proud Member of NAMI - (National Alliance on Mental Illness). Click Below to See How You Can Help:
https://www.nami.org/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lady Shadow For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (04-12-19), midnightstar (04-12-19)
Old 04-12-19, 06:43 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,094 Times in 15,350 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: My Story of Bipolar

Welcome to the dark side...

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Lady Shadow (04-12-19)
Old 04-12-19, 07:42 PM

Lady Shadow has a spectacular aura aboutLady Shadow has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
Welcome to the dark side...
Haha thanks! <3
Draw closer,
To find each other,
And to feel.
That is the purpose of life.

To Follow My Blog Please Click Below:
http://www.unchained-heart.com

Proud Member of NAMI - (National Alliance on Mental Illness). Click Below to See How You Can Help:
https://www.nami.org/
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-19, 05:05 PM

TimothyWilson is on a distinguished road

Can we prevent it?