ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adult Education
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adult Education This forum is to discuss issues related to ADD and higher education.

Old 03-16-13, 01:52 AM
Forum Guru

AshT is a splendid one to beholdAshT is a splendid one to beholdAshT is a splendid one to beholdAshT is a splendid one to beholdAshT is a splendid one to beholdAshT is a splendid one to beholdAshT is a splendid one to beholdAshT is a splendid one to behold
4 exams in 4 days, 5 in a week.

So, just got my exam time table.
I have an exam on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th of May and then another on the 7th!

WTF. Last year it made me ill when I had 3 exams in 4 days - I can't take a break from meds in the evening so I don't eat properly, you can't take even a little break after the exam and have to work straight for the next one. Working 24/7(apart from the couple of hours sleep managed) for 4 days is so, so draining. I barely eat, I barely sleep. For a person not eating and sleeping it's hard enough to maintain concentration, let alone when someone has two conditions that also affect concentration!!

Does anyone else have an exam time-table like that? Is there any advice on wtf to do or how to manage it? My memory is so ****, by the time it gets to the 4th one i'm going to have forgotten the whole course =(.

Last edited by AshT; 03-16-13 at 02:02 AM..
Old 03-16-13, 02:24 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,611 Times in 886 Posts
finallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 4 exams in 4 days, 5 in a week.

I am in the US and I know that at some universities, if a student has conflicting exams they can re-schedule some of them. Can you talk to the prof and/or the dean? Do you already get accommodations at school for ADD? Perhaps there are parameters already in place for a wicked schedule like that.
Shame derives it's power from being unspeakable.
Shame corrodes the very part of us that believes we are capable of change.
Shame cannot survive being spoken. It can't survive empathy.

Old 03-16-13, 02:31 PM
ADDvanced Member

deadmau5 has a spectacular aura aboutdeadmau5 has a spectacular aura about

Yikes, all those exams would be a nightmare!

In case you forgot, grumpy cat hates you.........
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-13, 02:31 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 30,784 Times in 14,159 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Ash, that sucks. When I was still doing exams I needed at least a day between to revise the material. I think, it's worth finding out if you can reschedule some of them.
Old 03-17-13, 11:23 AM
Forum Guru

dogluver358 is a splendid one to beholddogluver358 is a splendid one to beholddogluver358 is a splendid one to beholddogluver358 is a splendid one to beholddogluver358 is a splendid one to beholddogluver358 is a splendid one to beholddogluver358 is a splendid one to behold

See if you can reschedule some of them. I would talk with your professors and the dean of the college. Also with disability services if you're registered there. It couldn't hurt to ask. Hope all works out for you. There's no way I could handle that exam schedule.
Old 03-17-13, 03:05 PM
Forum Guru

AshT is a splendid one to beholdAshT is a splendid one to beholdAshT is a splendid one to beholdAshT is a splendid one to beholdAshT is a splendid one to beholdAshT is a splendid one to beholdAshT is a splendid one to beholdAshT is a splendid one to behold

Ok, i'm glad it's not just me! I wasn't sure if I was just being stupid.

I tried to speak to the disability office but I missed the deadline to get my learning profile updated to allow for exam changes on the learning profile - and the annoying thing was I didn't think about it until the exam schedule came out which was on the same day as the deadline! So of course on the day of the deadline I was like wtf and couldn't get an appointment, so I tried calling...and I don't think i explained myself very well having been awake for over 24 hours straight =(...

Emailed my DOS to see - the thing is I have my project presentation that week too - it's a 30 minute presentation which is again going to take a ****-ton of preparation and at least some memorising...it's just not going to be possible...i'd have to spend the night before preparing for that and then I wouldn't be able to prep for the exam...grrr....
Old 03-18-13, 11:04 AM

Thales has a spectacular aura aboutThales has a spectacular aura about

Can't you drop some exams and take them later? Here we have a second time frame in which you can do exams in case you were ill, had conflicting schedules, did not pass them or whatsoever.

This week I have 5 exams and I had 3 deadlines. Luckily I have been able to be postpone 2 of the deadlines. I am a complete mess, but now I feel like I might manage in the end. (I had number 1 today and it went okay.) Let's pray for that.

Good luck with your busy exam week! I hope you can arrange something! Perhaps not with the disabilities office, but with individual teachers? I have always made arrangements with my teachers and so far they have been very understanding.