ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Ritalin
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Ritalin (methylphenidate)

Old 03-10-07, 12:49 PM
ADDvanced Member

tom888 will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up 1st Ritalin pill today - i feel great!

this is the first ritalin pill today. and i feel great!!!! i was on concerta some weeks ago and it was just like 50/50 good/bad.

now the normal rialin does it for me!

i got up early took the first pill.
felt great after ca 40 min
went to the super shopping at 9:30 - i have never doen that in my life!!!!
totally foccused! totally relaxed - organizing everything - talking with the dog next door. joking with that pelotudo portero! :-)

it is cool its scary....

now, 5 hs later i am relaxed on the sofa.... guess i try a nap

later i might me back,
Old 03-10-07, 03:32 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 3,792 Times in 1,934 Posts
Imnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond repute
Which is why I keep wondering why some doctors don't start patients out on the regular version of meds. Congratulations.

Phaedrus

Old 03-10-07, 07:27 PM

danigus is on a distinguished road
I wonder if I should try ritalin. I'm on 60 mgs of adderall xr and I don't seem to be getting good results. I'm bored, have to keep myself going to stay on track, forgetful, and I seem to have a problem looking into people's eyes, way worse than before. Wonder why....
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-07, 08:58 PM

Swede63 has a spectacular aura aboutSwede63 has a spectacular aura about
Great news Tom244

It's nice to hear the success stories.

Charl
Old 03-11-07, 08:57 AM
ADDvanced Member

Question

Thanks to all of you!!!

i donít know what happened. somehow i had the symptoms of dehydration in the late afternoon. which is strange coz i had like 5 gatorades during the day. later i had a water and sandwich then i was puking until midnight with stomach cramps.....but i was still thinking about everything with absolute clarity. this morning i am much better, but what happened?

dehydration?

is 10mg to much?

to much "stress"in the mall?

allergic reaction?

Last edited by HighFunctioning; 04-08-07 at 10:13 AM.. Reason: HTML
Old 03-11-07, 11:33 AM

Swede63 has a spectacular aura aboutSwede63 has a spectacular aura about
How are you doing? Maybe a stomach bug? Call the doc it might be just the initial symptoms of starting the meds.
Old 03-11-07, 01:56 PM

MeGgHeAd is on a distinguished road
Dehydration

It may just be dry mouth (which might feel like dehyration) because it sounds like you are staying hydrated... and dry mouth is a common side effect of stimulant-type meds. If you're losing alot of water (got the runs? Eww, I know, sorry ), then maybe as said above you've got some sort of stomach bug.. and might be best to check with the doc.

I'm on Dexedrine... many of my side effects are disappearing (unable to sleep, no appetite etc. this is all improving with time) but the dry mouth is still quite evident. I can tolerate this though.

Sorry to hear you were not feeling well... throwing up/stomach ache etc. I would hope this didn't have anything to do with the Ritalin. IMO, 10mg (especially only once a day), is not too much at all. This is a very low dose. I doubt it would be enough to cause any major side effects unless you have some kind of reaction to it. So... sounds like you were just having some bad luck that day with our little bacterial friends. Or maybe a virus....which just hijack our cells to replicate themselves.. more of an unwelcomed guest!

Anyways, I'm glad to hear you're seeing positive results with the Ritalin though, and hope it continues to work well for you with minimal side effects!
Old 03-11-07, 09:24 PM
ADDvanced Member

you guys are great! thanks

today the same! i took 5mg in the morning and then 5 in the early afternoon and i felt great!

in the late afternoon the headache started again and now in bed wit lots of stomach pain waiting to puke. the sysptoms are like from dehydration/migrane. a friend told me I am very very emotional about everything and that could cause the problem. i am reliving my life atm during the day and feel bad at night.....

any comments are welcome
Old 03-19-07, 05:54 PM

el_Tito is on a distinguished road
I'd lay off the Gatorade. Maybe one a day and the rest just clear water. Gatorade is great when you need it (like if you're playing a football game or something), but it is full of sugars and salts which you don't need so much of for normal daily activity and I've read that it can actually be couterproductive in terms of hydration when used in this manner.

I actually know a guy who nearly went into renal (kidney) failure that his doctors attributed to the electrolyte overload from drinking Gatorade all day every day.
Old 04-05-07, 07:41 PM
Forum Guru

Fraz_2006 has a spectacular aura aboutFraz_2006 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by danigus
I wonder if I should try ritalin. I'm on 60 mgs of adderall xr and I don't seem to be getting good results. I'm bored, have to keep myself going to stay on track, forgetful, and I seem to have a problem looking into people's eyes, way worse than before. Wonder why....
Hmm, not being able to look into peoples eyes, or often feeling anxious when you do, sounds like you have an asperger trait as i have this problem with my aspergers.
Old 04-07-07, 10:07 PM

cwbyjohnson is on a distinguished road
Great going Tom, enjoy the feeling.