ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Bipolar
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-19, 01:10 PM
Forum Guru

eeyore is on a distinguished roadeeyore is on a distinguished roadeeyore is on a distinguished roadeeyore is on a distinguished roadeeyore is on a distinguished roadeeyore is on a distinguished roadeeyore is on a distinguished roadeeyore is on a distinguished roadeeyore is on a distinguished roadeeyore is on a distinguished road
hypomania and 'tics'

hand flapping type stuff and my favorite - violently rubbing and mildly slapping my head.

while i get like this I dont need sleep 35- 45 hours without a wink - I just read and write.

I thought it was asd and or adhd hyperfocus for the longest,

but the tics and ditching sleep have me wondering.

anyone heard of this?

btw it happens more often and more instense when im not taking any stims

Old 01-16-19, 03:18 PM
Committee Member

Emre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to all
Re: hypomania and 'tics'

I think you should ask it to a doctor
but decreased need of sleep + feeling energetic above "normal"(dont know what is normal)

can be sign of hypomania

but u really should ask it to a doctor

for example there are other signs of hypomania
racing thoughts
pressure of speech etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to Emre22 For This Useful Post:
eeyore (01-16-19)
Old 01-16-19, 05:23 PM
Forum Guru

eeyore is on a distinguished roadeeyore is on a distinguished roadeeyore is on a distinguished roadeeyore is on a distinguished roadeeyore is on a distinguished roadeeyore is on a distinguished roadeeyore is on a distinguished roadeeyore is on a distinguished roadeeyore is on a distinguished roadeeyore is on a distinguished road

I have a psych appt in ten days or so, good timing there.

racing thoughts are common with me, but they are far sharper when im in this not sleeping stimming state - I'm still all over the place, but instead of tv and movies Im educating myself.

If I do have bipolar i suspect it is subclinical, as this 'hypomanic' state has more positive than negative.

Im currently in the first episode in a month or two, stronger than the last couple or few.

Oh another stim type thing, Rubbing my hands together like im trying to start a fire with just my hands.

well shorter bursts than to start a fire, but REAL intense!

Also i tend to pull the had rub in public, while I usually keep the head rub to myself.

But i still wonder if I have made a lunatic of myself, as sometimes i snap out of a thought rubbing my hands in public, and also wonder if it was a clap and rub loud enough to make me look nuts.

also im sure a full on head rub looks far nuttier than the hand job.

feel kind of silly at times - but its worth the change from tv and movies, which of course have their place.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-19, 05:49 PM
Committee Member

Emre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hathor View Post
I have a psych appt in ten days or so, good timing there.

racing thoughts are common with me, but they are far sharper when im in this not sleeping stimming state - I'm still all over the place, but instead of tv and movies Im educating myself.

If I do have bipolar i suspect it is subclinical, as this 'hypomanic' state has more positive than negative.

Im currently in the first episode in a month or two, stronger than the last couple or few.

Oh another stim type thing, Rubbing my hands together like im trying to start a fire with just my hands.

well shorter bursts than to start a fire, but REAL intense!

Also i tend to pull the had rub in public, while I usually keep the head rub to myself.

But i still wonder if I have made a lunatic of myself, as sometimes i snap out of a thought rubbing my hands in public, and also wonder if it was a clap and rub loud enough to make me look nuts.

also im sure a full on head rub looks far nuttier than the hand job.

feel kind of silly at times - but its worth the change from tv and movies, which of course have their place.
If you think that you are bipolar, i suggest you to take professional help as soon as possible

Mixed episodes or rapid cycling isnt that much enjoyful
Or your hypomanic state tends to become irritable

If you are experiencing a hypomanic state, i can tell you that honeymoon is enjoyful

But as above so below, if you keep going untreated, mixed episode/rapid cycling/depressive episode can be unbearable
The Following User Says Thank You to Emre22 For This Useful Post:
eeyore (01-16-19)
Old 01-19-19, 02:31 PM
Forum Guru

oh heres another one i forgot, when i get like this my emotions and thoughts become so intense that i occasionallyfeel i'm going to make myself faint, similar to standing up to fast.

Too much can make me headachy.

Starting to think its just ADHD

Last edited by eeyore; 01-19-19 at 02:47 PM..
Old 01-31-19, 01:54 PM
Forummarm

Thanked 8,224 Times in 2,588 Posts
Andi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond repute

I have tics in my medicated life. It's more my inability to focus that causes them and not my hypomania. The main thing that I do when I'm hypomanic is rock back and forth. It's all that pent up energy that I want to come out of my skin so I rock it all away. There are times that I love the hypo feeling, it can be addictive but the crash afterwards...not so much. I'm thankful that my meds prevent it because the rollercoaster ride isn't worth it. I hope you got the answers you're trying to find.

Everything I write is fully substantiated by my personal opinion.
The Following User Says Thank You to Andi For This Useful Post:
eeyore (02-01-19)