ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Recipes
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Recipes Easy recipes for the ADDer & ADD Family

Old 06-01-09, 08:08 PM
ADDvanced Member

Stefan will become famous soon enough
I need recipes for coffee food

does anybody know food that I can make with coffee?
Old 06-10-09, 06:19 PM

Rebs will become famous soon enough
Re: I need recipes for coffee food

Tons - what sorts of dishes were you thinking of? Main course? Dessert?

If you're looking for foods that will actually give you the caffeine effects that drinking a cup of coffee would, then I'm not so sure about that.... you'd probably just have to serve the dish with coffee as a beverage. =)

But if you're just wanting that coffee flavor, I bet I could suggest quite a few!
Old 06-10-09, 07:24 PM
Contributor

Annwn is a jewel in the roughAnnwn is a jewel in the roughAnnwn is a jewel in the rough

Anything you make with coffee is likely to be a desert and unlikely to have significant caffeine.

Tiramisu is delish...
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-09, 07:31 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 4,969 Times in 2,474 Posts
novagal has a brilliant futurenovagal has a brilliant futurenovagal has a brilliant futurenovagal has a brilliant futurenovagal has a brilliant futurenovagal has a brilliant futurenovagal has a brilliant futurenovagal has a brilliant futurenovagal has a brilliant futurenovagal has a brilliant futurenovagal has a brilliant future

Coffee ice cream! Coffee brownies!

I've had grilled steaks that were marinated in a coffee marinade. Yum!
Even if I didn't use it in the house?
- Bill Waterson (Calvin and Hobbes)
Old 06-10-09, 07:46 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

firstdesserts is a splendid one to beholdfirstdesserts is a splendid one to beholdfirstdesserts is a splendid one to beholdfirstdesserts is a splendid one to beholdfirstdesserts is a splendid one to beholdfirstdesserts is a splendid one to beholdfirstdesserts is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by novagal View Post
Coffee ice cream! Coffee brownies!

I've had grilled steaks that were marinated in a coffee marinade. Yum!
Coffee moca chip (Haagen Das)! Significant amount of coffee w/cream and sugar!

Visit the Exercise Forum here to check out the Get Fit Club, a group of people changing their lives for the better by caring for themselves enough to exercise.

"Spend a day in my head before you tell me what my problem is!"
Old 06-10-09, 07:52 PM
Banned

ADHD Hunter will become famous soon enough

My wife made a Chocolate Bomb (flourless cake) for New Year's Eve one year. The next day everyone was commenting on how they couldn't sleep! Let me know if you want the recipe and I'll try to dig it up.
Old 06-11-09, 07:01 AM
Contributor

γ-quantum has a spectacular aura aboutγ-quantum has a spectacular aura about

do you want the taste of COFFEE or do you want CAFFEINE?

because if you want a 'stimulant-containing' food, i'd look into GUARANA. due to the very strong, special taste of coffee, coffee cannot be used e.g. in main courses (at least i think so - coffee only goes well with cake or ice-cream or... something sweet), but i think you could use guarana powder in main dishes, too.

Quote:
As a dietary supplement, guarana is an effective energy booster – it contains about twice the caffeine found in coffee beans (about 2-4.5% caffeine in guarana seeds compared to 1-2% for coffee beans).
Quote:
In the United States, guarana has the status of being generally recognized as safe (GRAS)
from wikipedia

also, i found that guarana has a "prolonged-release" form of caffeine - it doesnt kick in as strong but therefor, lasts longer than coffee.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to γ-quantum For This Useful Post:
Stefan (06-11-09), StoicNate (02-09-12)
Old 06-12-09, 08:54 PM

Rebs will become famous soon enough

If it's the coffee taste you're going for, though, there are plenty of recipes - for meat and main courses, too! Sounds like that's not what the OP was going for, though. =)
Old 02-09-12, 08:15 PM
ADDvanced Member

maiforpeace will become famous soon enough

Tiramisu - in fact, I think I'll have to make one this weekend....

Help me be the person my dog thinks I am, and the person my cat thinks she is, and the person my partner first thought I was when they first said, "I love you".

Old 02-11-12, 06:44 AM

coconut is on a distinguished road

ngredients
Coffee cake
250g butter, softened
1 cup castor sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla paste
4 eggs
2 cups self raising flour
2/3 cups milk, at room temperature
1/3 cup espresso coffee

Coffee butter cream
250g butter, softened
2 cups icing sugar, sifted
3 tablespoons liquid espresso coffee
1 tablespoon kahlua

Sticky cinnamon apples
1 cup water
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 star anise
1 granny smith apple, cored, peeled and sliced
2 tablespoons kahlua
3 tablespoons flaked almonds, toasted
Save to Cookbook
Method
Preparation and cooking time: 70 minutes
Serves: 2

1. Preheat oven to 180⁰C. Grease and baking paper-line a 2x20cm spring form cake tins.

2. For cake, cream butter, sugar and vanilla paste in a small bowl of an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition.

3. Sift in flour, pour in milk and coffee and gently mix until combined and smooth. Pour into prepared tins and bake for 30 minutes or until cake springs back to the touch. Cool in tin for 2-3 minutes and turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.

4. For coffee butter cream, beat butter until pale, add icing sugar, espresso and kahlua and beat until light and fluffy.

5. For apples, place water, sugar, cinnamon, and star anise in a saucepan and place over a low heat until sugar dissolves. Add apple, increase heat to high and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until apples are tender, liquid has reduced and is syrupy and caramel coloured. Add kahlua and flaked almonds.

6. To serve, cut completely cooled cake into rounds and slice rounds in half lengthways. Layer rounds with butter cream and stack 3 layers high. Transfer to a serving plate and completely cover cake with
butter cream. Arrange a spoonful of apples next to cake and drizzle syrup over cake and apples.
Old 02-22-12, 11:55 PM

goldfish will become famous soon enough

Some Japanese exchange students we had stay with us one summer introduced us to an awesome simple coffee dessert... coffee jello!

Mix: Strong black coffee & plain gelatine powder. (available at any grocery store)

Pour into coffee mugs & put in the fridge to set just like any jello.

Top with whipped cream/coolwhip/whatever whipped topping you prefer & serve with a spoon.

Pretty tasty, simple, and probably something your coffee loving guests have never tried before. 8)
Old 09-29-15, 08:24 PM

gothceltgirl is on a distinguished road

You could probably add coffee to chili. I know it sounds strange. But I saw coco added to chili once, my best friend tried that & it was good. So why not coffee. Bam! I'd either use instant freeze-dried, or just pour a little espresso into the chili.

Come to think of it. I think that I'll make some chili soon and try that very thing!
Old 10-06-15, 10:44 AM

EvaSimp is on a distinguished road

"Coffee walnut whips"

Ingredients
350g/12oz milk chocolate, chopped
2 tbsp coffee essence
˝ tbsp soft light brown sugar
11 walnuts
Preparation method
Set aside 50g/1ľoz of the chocolate for later, and temper the remaining chocolate. To temper, melt the milk chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water. Don’t let the bowl touch the water or the chocolate will burn and don’t let any water into the chocolate or the chocolate will seize.
Continue to heat the chocolate until it measures 42C/107F on a chocolate thermometer. Then take it off the heat and let it cool to 31C/88F.
Use a clean, grease-free brush or teaspoon to coat and line each of the fluted cups in the mould with the chocolate. You need to do this quickly or the chocolate will start to set and be too thick to work with.
Use a spatula to scrape away any chocolate from the top of the mould. Save any chocolate that you haven’t used to use again later.
Put the moulds in the fridge to set for around 20 minutes.
To make the filling, put the coffee essence in a measuring jug and add enough cold water to make it up to 50ml/2fl oz. Pour into a pan, add the sugar and bring to the boil. Simmer for one minute.
Put the reserved 50g/1ľoz of milk chocolate in a bowl. Add the coffee liquid and stir to help the chocolate melt, then leave until cold. Leave it to thicken up in the fridge for an hour or so before filling the moulds.
Take the moulds out of the fridge. Spoon the chocolate and coffee mixture into the moulds and leave to set overnight.
To seal the walnut whips, temper the remaining milk chocolate, using up any chocolate leftover from earlier.
Using a teaspoon, spoon the chocolate over the filling to cover.
Top each with a walnut. Chill for at least 30 minutes until set, then carefully upturn the mould onto a board to release the walnut whips.
Serve after dinner with coffee.

They are very tasty.