ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Recipes
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Recipes Easy recipes for the ADDer & ADD Family

Old 01-03-12, 12:52 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 10,522 Times in 5,692 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute
Re: how does ADD affect your cooking?

IMnot organized or patient enough to cook,it gets very expensive and old always going out to eat.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
pechemignonne (01-03-12)
Old 01-03-12, 02:19 PM
ADDvanced Member

blgw99 will become famous soon enough

I make a hopeless mess of the kitchen. Always. The food I make is decent, though.
The Following User Says Thank You to blgw99 For This Useful Post:
pechemignonne (01-03-12)
Old 01-03-12, 02:44 PM

Thanked 4,317 Times in 1,871 Posts
pechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond repute

I've probably said this before, but I'll say it again-

Make ahead and freeze!! Do it with friends, listen to music, take breaks, then reheat and enjoy!!

"I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread. Ducks love bread, but they can't buy any. That's the biggest joke on the duck ever."
Mitch Hedberg

"You would be the world's worst ninja."
Pechemignonne's boyfriend
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-12, 04:18 PM
Contributor

karbouris will become famous soon enough

I dunno bout yall... But I actually enjoy cooking. I actually cook better than most (in my life)... Granted I also read the labels. LOL.
I am 25 years old, and a SAHM of 2 kids. I have been on and off Ritalin for over years. My candy flavors right now, are Qullivant XR 5mils in the morning and 2 at night. I also take 20mgs of Paxil. I have a current diagnosis of ADHD, OCD and Anxiety with some massive agitation. Dr thinks this is caused bipolar, but is not 100% sure.
Old 01-22-12, 05:38 PM

TrackerJacker has a spectacular aura aboutTrackerJacker has a spectacular aura about

I'm not really that good of cooking to begin with, but I never read directions xD I made instant pudding with water instead of milk once (I don't really recommend it), and with microwavable stuff, I rarely do the appropriate time+stirring in between.
Old 01-30-12, 08:31 AM

Thanked 2,672 Times in 1,111 Posts
Joker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Im actually a really good cook.

About the only effects it has is i make a horrible mess that i don't want to clean up (but i am doing better about MAKING myself), or sometimes i will start making something and then realize i dont have all the ingredients i need. Daughter gets real tired of, if she is home from school, me saying, "Go to the store and get such and such". I do this to my husband a lot too, if i am home from work before he is.

Other effects are, occasionally i will walk off and forget something, so i have to put the timer on the microwave so i don't be boiling eggs and all of a sudden decide i need to wash the dog.

Also, if i am doing something like making a bunch of cookies, I will have a LOT of fun at first (especially something like Christmas cookies where i am decorating them). You should have seen about the first 30 Christmas cookies....crazy beautiful colors, marbled colors, lots of sprinkles, etc. Actually picking THROUGH the sprinkles so like my cookies that were blue and white only had blue, white, and silver decorations on them. It honestly looked like something that needed to be in a magazine. I had made powdered sugar glazes in like 8 colors. After the first couple hours i got bored. I was DETERMINED i was going to finish them though. The last cookies suck. They are all just like one color of frosting i slapped on there. Then, of course, i wanted to save the real pretty cookies so we would have them for Christmas. (Like it matters). So i was telling the kids, "Save the pretty ones!"

LOL. Like they would last forever. I took a picture of them. Its on my digital camera. Which i can't find.

Also if you have ADHD, i recommend avoiding things like woven lattice pie crusts. All they will do is make you feel inferior and frustrated. Actually, i recommend that to all people.

I make a mean cinnamon roll. You use yellow cake mix in the dough. Its freakin amazing.

The Drifters Game:http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141997
Old 05-09-12, 03:32 AM
ADDvanced Member

mokthraka is on a distinguished road

I buy all my stuff, clean my kitchen, then ask my little brother to make it because im to lazy
Old 05-11-12, 08:19 AM

Thanked 2,881 Times in 1,485 Posts
Raye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond repute

Haha... it doesn't really effect it... my issue is the inattentiveness and having to look at the recipe 3-5 times because it takes longer to get dinner done.

"Oh Happy Day"
-Tmoney-
Old 06-23-13, 01:00 PM
Jr Member

Inky Cricket is on a distinguished road

"At least the fire alarm hasn't gone off." - my younger cousin

When the fire alarm doesn't go off, I can create some really nice food, but then people ask me to make the new food of mine over and over.

People in my house just don't want anything except what they know tastes good. Green beans and steak? again? eeeeeewww... This is one of the main reasons i often don't eat for most of a day until I am starving. There's nothing I want to eat in the kitchen.

Actually, I'm hungry right now. Haven't had breakfast or lunch, but i don't want to eat because there is nothing to eat in the fridge except...eeew...
Old 11-29-14, 06:05 AM
ADDvanced Member

sushigirl is a name known to allsushigirl is a name known to allsushigirl is a name known to allsushigirl is a name known to allsushigirl is a name known to allsushigirl is a name known to all

I know it's an old post, but i do very well in a kitchen.

I'm super organized, seeing each steps very clearly. Never burn, forget things. Everything is always ready at the same time.

Maybe because cooking is a passion for me?
Old 12-02-14, 09:16 AM

Thanked 1,544 Times in 929 Posts
Laserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to beholdLaserbeak is a splendid one to behold

Never really thought about it, maybe it actually helps to take Adderall when cooking, especially the difficult recipes that have a million steps and difficult operations that have to be done perfectly or you'd ruin that batch of ingredients involved, like candy/chocolate making, Béarnaise/Hollandaise sauce, buttercream frosting, etc.!

She was told that it was. There was just a moment of silence before
the woman proceeded bravely on. "Well, I'm wondering, then, how serious my
condition is. This prescription is marked `NO REFILLS'".
Old 11-13-15, 12:49 PM

Angelie002 is on a distinguished road
Re: too many recipies

This sounds like me. ha ha
Old 11-13-15, 11:41 PM

addude94 is on a distinguished road

Jamie Oliver has ADHD
Old 11-14-15, 08:06 AM

Thanked 19,612 Times in 10,438 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

As long as I'm not interrupted, don't fiddle with the ingredients to make it healthier, make up my own recipes or suddenly need to take a nap, get bored in the middle of it or make too big of a mess, sometimes it turns out fine.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
Old 11-23-15, 12:26 AM
ADDvanced Member

intothewind is on a distinguished road

Impatient...cant do most dishes that require extensive preprepping. Defrosting a fish the night before is already really stretching it.

Forget ingredients

Instead of realizing I could build a sandwich I might eat some leftover chicken, munch down a few carrots, eat a few slices of bread, find and eat a tomato...

Oftentimes it becomes a fun experiment. Can I sub this ingredient? Etc.

Shopping for food I just wander around and buy random individual items...feedback loop