ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-17, 08:41 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 17,796 Times in 9,526 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Today I am grateful for... (Part II)

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
Chances.
People being good to me even though they really aren't required to be.
you're very good to people without requiring to be also!

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (07-12-17), stef (07-12-17)
Old 07-12-17, 12:09 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 12,419 Times in 6,138 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

So...I have another year at my apartment after a long drawn out process.

I'm incredibly lucky. I'm insanely spoiled. People weren't nearly as angry or upset with me as I thought...eviction was never truly wanted for me.

My new land lord is awesome. He's an older guy...only just met him a couple of weeks ago (where he walked into my apartment while it's been the worst it's been in years mess/trash wise).
He gave me an additional week to clean it. Then an additional 2 days. Then an additional 2. haha...he was trying SO hard for me! He told me it was never his intent to evict me...he never wanted that at all...that that was in my head. He just doesn't want me to live in such a mess...for both my own self, and for the safety of others (like with fires and such).

...I've been asking my landlords (they change for some reason rather frequently here) for years if they'd come inspect my apartment each month or so...to help keep me on track with keeping things picked up...they all keep agreeing but not following through.
I have a good feeling this one will follow through.
In fact I'm going to type up a list of things I've still need to do around my apartment (A TON! It's no where close to being clean...but it is WAY better than it was 2 weeks ago...including having all the trash taken out, cupboards cleaned and kitchen/bathroom floors swept and mopped).

I shouldn't need to do such things. Have a baby sitter. But I do. /sigh

He doesn't want perfection...he just wants it to be decent and not to pose safety issues. Says it'll help with how I feel about life and myself too.
He wants to see that I'm putting in some sort of effort. That I'm moving towards better...and that just putting in small amounts of effort every once in awhile can go a long ways.

I sat him down and very deeply expressed how much I appreciate all the patience and kindness he's given me.
What a lovely old man.

p.s.
I feel emotionally/psychologically drained though now lol. Getting my damned apartment up to code has been such a burden on my heart lately...and of course, me being me, I kept pushing it off till later to work on.
I'm taking a damned nap! lol

((((((((((((((MOM))))))))))))))
I'll always fondly remember.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
aeon (07-12-17), stef (07-12-17)
Old 07-13-17, 04:32 PM
Zen moderator

Thanked 25,326 Times in 12,445 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

Time
tomorrow is a holiday, Bastille day
A three day weekend
going to watch the military parade on tv
and Tour de France
make rice krispie bars
take a nap
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
aeon (07-13-17), Little Missy (07-13-17), psychopathetic (07-14-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-17, 07:27 PM

psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

-All of the rice krispie bars I borrowed from stef stef today while she napped!

-I get to start my weekly support group again next week after 4 or 5 tough weeks without (finally got in to see my therapist to update my file).

-Air Conditioning.

-The crazy amounts of opportunities that have continually been present in my life to give me the room I need to live...no matter how clunky and sluggish I am about doing so.
...sorry for going all religious...but sometimes I HAVE to wonder if there's not a higher being helping me along. What else can explain things?

-These forums.
-You peoples.

-OH AND MINI PIZZA ROLLS TOO!!!

Old 07-14-17, 09:30 PM

Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Having the money to fix the new dent found after my Adderall nap when the Line Straddler parked next to me today.

This will not be an easy paintless dent to repair. Its very small but in a bad place.

I may have to give the opposite side of his car a really good horse kick.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
aeon (07-15-17), stef (07-15-17)
Old 07-17-17, 04:24 PM
can't remember diddly

Thanked 6,051 Times in 3,091 Posts
EYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond repute

My kittens. They give extra snuggles when they know I've had a rough day. <3
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EYEFORGOT For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (07-24-17), psychopathetic (07-18-17), stef (07-24-17)
Old 07-24-17, 11:12 AM
Zen moderator

stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

I received an order from Amazon, sent through the mail at work
It said delivery expected on the 29th, but it came today
a case for my phone - same color, right size this time.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
aeon (07-24-17), Little Missy (07-24-17), psychopathetic (07-24-17)
Old 07-24-17, 11:27 AM

Thanked 11,001 Times in 4,894 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

My sweetie is just the bees’ knees, yo.

Cheers.
Ian
Little Missy (07-24-17), stef (Yesterday)
Old 07-24-17, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef View Post
I received an order from Amazon, sent through the mail at work
It said delivery expected on the 29th, but it came today
a case for my phone - same color, right size this time.
I love when early deliveries happen! Crazy it's 5 whole days early though!!

(((Stefs)))

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
aeon (07-24-17), stef (07-24-17)
Old 07-24-17, 06:00 PM

Clouds are moving IN!

Old 07-24-17, 08:05 PM

I made a monster bowl of black eyed peas, broccoli and cut up fresh tomatoes with a vinaigrette and it is killer good. Looks like a big mess.

Old Yesterday, 12:57 PM
Zen moderator

I have had a terrible day at work, and I'm very grateful for my kind and understanding colleagues.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
aeon (Yesterday), Little Missy (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 05:50 PM

High of 76. What a pleasant change and cloudy too.

The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (Today)
Old Today, 10:44 AM

Thanked 11,001 Times in 4,894 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

Gentle thunder and hard rain last evening for a couple of hours...and then more rain during the night.

This morning, everything smelled of damp earth.

Cheers,
Ian
Little Missy (Today)