ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Strattera
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Strattera (Atomoxetine HCI)

Old 09-07-19, 05:14 AM
ADDvanced Member

goughy has disabled reputation
Anyone found a higher dosage less effective?

So I've been on strattera for the last maybe 10 months, starting at 2pmg and currently on 80. I was quite happy with its effectiveness on 60mg, most particularly at work. But my wife asked me if I would ask my psychiatrist if I could go up a dosage; looking to see if I could get back to what she remembered when I was on ritalin for a while years ago.

But I'm feeling like the 80mg is less effective. But we are also having a bit of a tumultuous time at the moment, so that could clearly be having an effect. It seems stupid to ask, but just thought I'd see if anyone else has had the same experience.
Old 09-08-19, 12:22 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 16,343 Times in 7,817 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anyone found a higher dosage less effective?

I can’t really speak for Strattera but that’s the experience I have with stimulants. Too high or too low of a dose causes efficacy issues. I’ve found with stimulants that finding the proper dose is critical and can be quite difficult.

The problem is when it works we still want and some cases need better results. It’s difficult finding the proper dose imo because even when we do, there’s still quite a bit of room for improvement for most of us. I can see how this may apply to Strattera as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
goughy (09-09-19)