ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Medications for Co-Existing Conditions > Anti-Depressants
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-11, 05:04 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

hollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nice
Re: Lexapro

Uh hello,

back to my question of reference. Do you guys think ssri's help or hinder. I have found it to help me somewhat socially but it's not even been two weeks and my focus is just kind of all over the place? Opinions ? Lexapro also gives me weird muscle jolts after working out.
Old 03-09-11, 06:29 PM

Thanked 1,157 Times in 695 Posts
excel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood View Post
della , not sure what your talking about. Do you take pristiq? I have been taking lex for like 11 days , ultra low dose (2.5mg) . Yeah it will make you tired. I've been taking it at night, it knocks me out like a ton of bricks. All it's done for me is make me kind of tired, and take care of some social anxiety that I've had for some time. I guess I may just keep going. Man it takes me extra time to get started in the morning and my muscles hurt like crazy. I'm a gym rat , it's a pain in the rear at this point, but I'm still trucking on with this junk.
I take 10mg and it doesn't seem to make me tired
Old 03-09-11, 10:29 PM

hollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nice

This is my second week. Keep that in mind. It makes my muscles hurt and tighten after workouts. It's like a ******* panic attack.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-11, 01:33 PM

excel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Uh hello,

back to my question of reference. Do you guys think ssri's help or hinder. I have found it to help me somewhat socially but it's not even been two weeks and my focus is just kind of all over the place? Opinions ? Lexapro also gives me weird muscle jolts after working out.
Lexapro takes seveal weeks to get the full effect from the medication. I't help with social phobias.I don't know how much it will help with hperfocusing
Old 03-10-11, 03:11 PM

maybe I do have social anxiety and that's kind of causing the rest of my issues. Since I've always been outgoing around those I know and introverted to those that I do not know it's negatively impacted my life and made me second guess alot of my adhd symptoms since I want to do something else but many times am too shy to put myself out there. Anyways , hyperfocusing as I've realized is part of adhd when I'm interested in something but I become stuck when I lack the confidence to socially stand up for myself in a negative atmosphere. I'm not sure if I'm really totally anxious but the environment is causing most of the isssues as well as some ptsd issues which lexapro is approved for that and generalized anxiety. It's almost been two weeks, my adhd is a bit worse which throws all my measures on if this is working way off . So due to my temporary lack of adhd symptom control I just don't know if it will work until all the side effects subside from the adjustment period. How did you like that run on sentence?
Old 03-11-11, 11:28 AM

Quote:
maybe I do have social anxiety and that's kind of causing the rest of my issues. Since I've always been outgoing around those I know and introverted to those that I do not know it's negatively impacted my life and made me second guess alot of my adhd symptoms since I want to do something else but many times am too shy to put myself out there. Anyways , hyperfocusing as I've realized is part of adhd when I'm interested in something but I become stuck when I lack the confidence to socially stand up for myself in a negative atmosphere. I'm not sure if I'm really totally anxious but the environment is causing most of the isssues as well as some ptsd issues which lexapro is approved for that and generalized anxiety. It's almost been two weeks, my adhd is a bit worse which throws all my measures on if this is working way off . So due to my temporary lack of adhd symptom control I just don't know if it will work until all the side effects subside from the adjustment period. How did you like that run on sentence?
get one thing under control at a time
Old 03-11-11, 03:30 PM

My guess is your talking about wait it out regarding the lexapro and then access? My adhd is wacky now, sucks. Hope things even out, all this from 2.5mg of lexapro...Sheeeeez!
Old 03-11-11, 04:26 PM

Quote:
My guess is your talking about wait it out regarding the lexapro and then access? My adhd is wacky now, sucks. Hope things even out, all this from 2.5mg of lexapro...Sheeeeez!
one condition at a time
Old 03-11-11, 06:59 PM

Which condition bro?
Old 03-12-11, 07:34 PM

lexapro would be my guess
Old 03-12-11, 09:24 PM

Huh? There is no subject in the sentence. If your toying with me I find your humor pretty funny. One word. Winning!
Old 03-12-11, 10:59 PM

Your anxiety issues
Old 03-14-11, 10:07 AM

What are the longterm side effects from Lexapro?
Old 03-14-11, 10:36 AM

Probably being a unmotivated pig. Just my guess . Excel, I too find lexapro kind of makes me a bit personality-less, and zombie ish. I can tell by your questions that it is working for anxiety as it is for me but man I have zero thoughts of my own in my head. Not sure if that subsides. I guess it's starting to work, maybe this will level off.
Old 03-14-11, 10:40 AM

Thanked 11,419 Times in 5,573 Posts
daveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Probably being a unmotivated pig. Just my guess . Excel, I too find lexapro kind of makes me a bit personality-less, and zombie ish. I can tell by your questions that it is working for anxiety as it is for me but man I have zero thoughts of my own in my head. Not sure if that subsides. I guess it's starting to work, maybe this will level off.
quick update, about 7 weeks on prozac and im really happy with it

all the side effects are gone, along with improvement in several areas

going back to the doctor in 20 minutes, may make a small adjustment in the prozac

and may even drop my ritalin dose some