ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Medications for Co-Existing Conditions > Anti-Depressants
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-12, 03:04 AM
ADDvanced Member

Killface1981 will become famous soon enough
Re: Fluoxetine

I wouldn't take this med for ADHD alone. It's for depression and certain types of anxiety. I take it with Adderall, Klonopin and Ambien for social anxiety(with the klonopin.)

Actually, I just get the scripts for it and never get them filled. It makes me feel like crap.
Old 11-11-12, 02:33 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

hollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nice

You said you took it with your other meds then you say you don't, we'll which is it?
Old 03-11-13, 07:40 PM

Rftn10 is on a distinguished road

All anti depressants have properties to help the brain. SSRI have been shown to help with add or concentration issues. But it all depends on the person. If your doc prescribed prozac for ADD than he is prescribing you something that may help you with ADD. If that wasn't the case he wouldn't prescribe it.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-13, 11:38 AM

wgm923 is on a distinguished road

http://www.biopsychiatry.com/fluoxdopnor.htm
This link explains that prozac may be helpful in treating mild adhd, if a stimulant is not necessary. See how your feeeling at 2 weeks, 3 weeks, and then 1 month and then report to you doctor.
Old 12-05-13, 11:48 AM

wgm923 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood View Post
I made to about 6 days on prozac. I just don't really know what to say or do , the best combination that I have given a shot or still take is wellbutrin and stimulants. Basically I have some repetitive thoughts so I try the ssri's out and it does help my mind from being stuck but man I just get so tired. I guess my conclusion at this point is this, if you have adhd and have an issue like repetitive thoughts like mine that I described that you have done for awhile and cannot break then and ssri in combination with your stimulants will likely be the best thing you can take , but just know it will help with that problem but you will feel kind of tired or fatigued most of the time at the same time you won't obsess about that stuff which is price you pay for alleviating one symptom. Meds aren't perfect you know. In my personal experience celexa is alot more effective for repetitive thoughts with my adhd . I guess I will fight through the fatigue. Screw it , I'm not living in a world of thinking the same things over and over for eternity .I'm smarter than that!
I was on wellbutrin and vyvanse at the same time and got horrible general anxiety. Far worse than I've ever head normally. Wellbutrin blocks the reuptake of norepinephrine thus increasing their levels. Vyvanse blocks the reuptake of and stimulates the release of mostly dopamine, norepinephrine, and at a small level serotonin. So the combination of wellbutrin and any stimulant can result in some bad anxiety. I don't think that's what your looking for so have you ever tried lexapro? I would suggest that, at the lowest dose since ssris make you really tired and the vyvanse. Lexapro is the most commons ssri prescribed for anxiety. It will really compliment the vyvanse also, as you wont be too stimulated and hopefully not have repetitive thoughts.
Old 12-05-13, 08:36 PM
Forum ADDvocate

425runner has a spectacular aura about425runner has a spectacular aura about

I'm on Celexa now, 5 mg for the next few weeks, and it is finally one SSRI that doesn't turn me into a "sleeping beauty" It doesn't interfere with stimulants, doesn't make me feel dumb, but it does come with stomach/bowel side effects.
Old 12-16-13, 01:06 AM

hollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nice

4runner that's great but your always saying that
Old 12-16-13, 01:09 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Thanked 1,014 Times in 632 Posts
janiew has much to be proud ofjaniew has much to be proud ofjaniew has much to be proud ofjaniew has much to be proud ofjaniew has much to be proud ofjaniew has much to be proud ofjaniew has much to be proud ofjaniew has much to be proud of

Well, I am prescribed Prozac 60mg for OCD/anxiety. Then I am prescribed Adderall for ADHD. Then I am prescribed Intuniv for ADHD and high blood pressure. Works pretty well.
Old 12-19-13, 12:27 AM

Still not sure if Prozac is a better option vs lexapro for anxiety
Old 12-19-13, 08:21 PM
Forum ADDvocate

OK, at this point the Celexa makes me very careless and mellow. I've become a "happy vegetable" so to speak...and it messed up my memory more then Wellbutrin. Time to get off this shi* the pill works great at the beginning, euphoric, high energy, no anxiety but then as it builds up it turns one into a tired slob with no ambition or motivation, just feeling content with all the crap that caused this depression in the first place.
Old 12-19-13, 08:22 PM
Forum ADDvocate

So what are you taking now hollywood?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood View Post
4runner that's great but your always saying that
Old 12-20-13, 02:20 AM

Wellbutrin and stimulants

Probably won't do any ssris , they work but make me tired. I'd probably take Prozac over most if I had to choose . The fatigue it gives isn't terrible and it alleviates stress and fear ,it's the cognition interference that sucks. For me if I'm taking Prozac i can relax and work on one task without a timing fear about moving to this task or the next or calling customers or calling vendors first . I'm like a stock trader so commodities are up and down every day . I need to move from task to task without anxiety
425runner (12-20-13)