ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Medications for Co-Existing Conditions > Anti-Depressants
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-10, 10:23 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,622 Times in 803 Posts
Michiko74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichiko74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichiko74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichiko74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichiko74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichiko74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichiko74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichiko74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichiko74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichiko74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichiko74 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Abilify

I just started taking it today. I'd be curious to see how well it works.
Old 12-09-10, 11:16 AM

Thanked 1,157 Times in 695 Posts
excel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiko74 View Post
It may work pretty good. I hope it doesn't make you gain weight or make you tired
Old 12-09-10, 04:00 PM
Contributor

AddaptAbilities has a spectacular aura aboutAddaptAbilities has a spectacular aura about

Hi all,

Last night my doc prescribed a small dose of Abilify (2 mgs) to boost the dose from my SSRI. With winter setting in, I am beginning to have mild delusions. I say they're "mild" because I was still rational enough to know that they were delusions, but they were still troubling.

So now I'm on 70 mgs Vyvanse, 50 mgs Zoloft, and 2 mgs Abilify. I'll also begin using a sun lamp as soon as it gets here from Amazon. Hopefully I'll be able to stop taking the Abilify in a month.

Is anyone else on a combo like this? Do you know what I can expect? The warnings say not to drink alcohol -- is a single drink at Christmas dinner OK?

I'd like to hear from someone who's been there.

Current Meds: Vyvanse 70 mgs; Lamictal 150 mgs; Ativan 0.5 -1.0 mgs

Past Meds: Adderall, Lexapro, Abilify, Dexedrine Spansules, Dexedrine IR, Ritalin, Nortriptyline, Amitriptyline, Wellbutrin

The Lamictal Diaries: Medicating My Mood Disorder
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-10, 04:23 PM

Thanked 2,289 Times in 1,189 Posts
buddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant future

I take Abilify 30mgs. daily along with Paxil 60mgs,Dexedrine 10mgs. & Xanax every day & have been on this combination for 2.5yrs.For me this has worked very well.I suffer from depression that always gets worse as soon as the summer ends so I hear where you are coming from.I have considered getting a light also but for now I try & get outside every day for the light.I think Abilify has saved me from the depression that has followed me my whole life(54yrs old).My psychiatrist said it takes up to 2mos.for the full effect & I found this to be the case with me.I know you are not supposed to drink alcohol with any meds. but I certainly have had a glass or two of wine from time to time
with no ill effects.Keep in mind that this is just my opinion though.Best of luck to you!
buddy
Old 01-24-11, 08:22 AM

hallon is on a distinguished road

I've heard that combining Abilify with a stimulant can do wonders to people suffering from both ADD and ASD..
anyone here who have tried it??
Old 01-24-11, 03:08 PM

excel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallon View Post
I've heard that combining Abilify with a stimulant can do wonders to people suffering from both ADD and ASD..
What is ASD?
Old 03-16-11, 04:36 PM

Medicated is on a distinguished road

Abilify is making me nauseous restless and sore i also have a fever what should I do?
Old 03-16-11, 05:24 PM

call the doctor
Old 04-07-11, 08:43 AM
Jr Member

arestar is on a distinguished road

Just liked to share my experience with Abilify. Prescribed Abilify (10mg) in the morning, Depakote (500mg) afternoon and Cipralex (10mg) night. Abilify 10mg gave me bad side effects and made me impatient, so psychiatrist halved my dose to 5mg. He also gave me Ativan (2mg) to take with it and it solved the side effects. The problem is, I still have not yet felt any beneficial effects from it, despite being on my 5th week on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallon View Post
I am taking Abilify 5mg along with Ritalin 10mg in the morning, but I don't know if the effects have been better because of the Abilify.
Old 04-07-11, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arestar View Post
Just liked to share my experience with Abilify. Prescribed Abilify (10mg) in the morning, Depakote (500mg) afternoon and Cipralex (10mg) night. Abilify 10mg gave me bad side effects and made me impatient, so psychiatrist halved my dose to 5mg. He also gave me Ativan (2mg) to take with it and it solved the side effects. The problem is, I still have not yet felt any beneficial effects from it, despite being on my 5th week on it.

I am taking Abilify 5mg along with Ritalin 10mg in the morning, but I don't know if the effects have been better because of the Abilify.
What effects are you seeing
Old 04-09-11, 08:01 PM

I gained to much weight on abilify
Old 04-11-11, 12:35 PM

I hate medicines that make you gain weight.
Old 04-11-11, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiko74 View Post
Let me know how it works for you.