ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Medications for Co-Existing Conditions > Anti-Depressants
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-13, 05:40 PM
Forum ADDvocate

425runner has a spectacular aura about425runner has a spectacular aura about
Quitting Prozac

OK, I'm fed up with this shi* When I went to see the GP and complained about fatigue/being tired/Dex not working, he automatically prescribed Prozac saying it'd give me energy and make me feel better.

I gave it more then 2 weeks, didn't take any yesterday and felt much better last night, slept well - even had dreams, enjoyed listening to music again and so wasn't going to take it today but started having shakes, diarrhea, extreme diziness, sick to my stomach so I took 2.5mg and it all went away.

I just can't take this "stoned" feeling anymore, sure I'm not angry or emotional but I'm not feeling anything....it's just flat....no excitement, no pleasure in anything. No ambition whatsoever...I just don't care....

Going to quit tomorrow, maybe take l-theanine to help with the withhdrawals
Old 05-26-13, 05:48 PM
Contributor

Meagan has a spectacular aura aboutMeagan has a spectacular aura about
Re: Quitting Prozac

Sorry.

I would taper off, even if it's only been 2 weeks.
Old 05-27-13, 08:09 AM

lsm-add is on a distinguished road

I took it for 3 months, it took a good 6 weeks for that "so tired I can't flip a page" feeling to go away. I stopped taking it for other reasons but had no issue just stopping. I'm now on Zoloft and it was 2 weeks of tiredness, though not as bad as prozac but now I feel better, not tired and best of all....I can think. I am clear headed, more concentration than off it. I just hope this isn't a transient effect as I've been on it just shy of a month now.
The Following User Says Thank You to lsm-add For This Useful Post:
425runner (05-27-13)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-13, 08:42 AM
Forum ADDvocate

425runner has a spectacular aura about425runner has a spectacular aura about

Wow...thanks for the feedback, no way I'm gonna wait 6 weeks! This is dangerous, I'm so out of it I don't know what I'm doing...and it messes up my sleep cause I end up drinking tons of coffee just to stay awake.

I'll call the doctor and ask for Zoloft instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsm-add View Post
I took it for 3 months, it took a good 6 weeks for that "so tired I can't flip a page" feeling to go away. I stopped taking it for other reasons but had no issue just stopping. I'm now on Zoloft and it was 2 weeks of tiredness, though not as bad as prozac but now I feel better, not tired and best of all....I can think. I am clear headed, more concentration than off it. I just hope this isn't a transient effect as I've been on it just shy of a month now.