ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Medications for Co-Existing Conditions > Anti-Depressants
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-13, 11:27 AM

greygreygrey is on a distinguished road
Starting on Celexa

I was prescribed Celexa yesterday after being informed by a doctor that my constant nausea and vomiting is psychosomatic. I suspected it was related to my anxiety but I didn't realize it was to this extent. I'm also prescribed ritalin for ADHD. Can anyone tell me what I should expect from the stimulant+SSRI combination, or starting on antidepressants in general? I understand it can take up to 6 weeks for SSRIs to kick in, and I've heard anxiety can get worse in the meantime, which I'm really afraid about since lately this has been unbearable. Any comments or advice welcome.