ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Strattera
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Strattera (Atomoxetine HCI)

Old 11-16-14, 03:14 AM

wilhelm987 is on a distinguished road
Re: Strattera and Sexual Side Effects

hey guys,

i have a great doctor who has fixed pretty much all my sexual and urinary tract symptoms.

my prostate was continuously swollen and became infected. lasted months until i went to see this other doctor (gp) who recommended i take prostate medication.

this reduced the prostate and acts as a sympathetic nerve relaxer only in the pelvic region.
no sexual performance issues even with high dosage of ritalin and lexapro.
no problems with libido
no urinary tract infections any more!

i would recommend asking your doc about duodart or flomaxtra ( tamsulosin hydrochloride)

Escilatopram 30mg and Ritalin IR 60mg - duodart
Old 12-29-14, 05:47 AM
Jr Member

edward8393 is on a distinguished road

Been taking 80 mg's a day now for about the last 2 years. The sexual side effects kicked in pretty fast and still persist to this day. Not easy to maintain an erection unless there is stimulation and right after climax there is no sign that I ever had an erection. Alsoy insurance sucks balls and does not cover it. My monthly script is almost $600 bucks.
Old 12-29-14, 06:58 PM
Jr Member

edward8393 is on a distinguished road

Who has been on straterra and been changed to a different medication?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-17, 12:19 PM

Penfiskswmfibu is on a distinguished road
Red face Re: Strattera and Sexual Side Effects

I'd been on it for years before puberty, so I just thought that was how I was. It's pretty much gone now, or at least I stopped noticing it. Major confidence crusher for a while though.
Old 09-05-17, 05:51 PM

walkert20 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Re: Strattera and Sexual Side Effects

OK I, like the rest of you guys, am glad I'm not alone. I'm currently single and not really looking to be in a relationship. That being said masturbation has been a good friend of mine. I've been on Straterra about a week. My Psychiatrist told me to split it in 1/2 to start for 10 days then go to the full 40 mgs. On top of the insomnia, depression ( feeling like I want to cry every 5 mins for no reason), gittery, inability to focus less that before I was on it I noticed that during a "session" I was cold in the groin, everything was smaller and tight (close to my body) I could get up but couldn't stay there. Then I was up and ready to go I was done and there was some discomfort. I hadn't considered prostate massage. I just wanna be better/stable/normal. I've lived w/ the ADD/ADHD for so long untreated (36 yrs) that all of my coping mechanisms are now in disarray and now I feel lost and worthless. Add the ED which in my opinion is worst that the Lexapro (at least I can get up. Lexapro is how I learned how to edge) this is smaller version of myself that is done in 5 mins is a complete deflater.
The Following User Says Thank You to walkert20 For This Useful Post:
irogag (10-28-17)
Old 10-28-17, 02:59 PM

irogag is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkert20 View Post
OK I, like the rest of you guys, am glad I'm not alone. I'm currently single and not really looking to be in a relationship. That being said masturbation has been a good friend of mine. I've been on Straterra about a week. My Psychiatrist told me to split it in 1/2 to start for 10 days then go to the full 40 mgs. On top of the insomnia, depression ( feeling like I want to cry every 5 mins for no reason), gittery, inability to focus less that before I was on it I noticed that during a "session" I was cold in the groin, everything was smaller and tight (close to my body) I could get up but couldn't stay there. Then I was up and ready to go I was done and there was some discomfort. I hadn't considered prostate massage. I just wanna be better/stable/normal. I've lived w/ the ADD/ADHD for so long untreated (36 yrs) that all of my coping mechanisms are now in disarray and now I feel lost and worthless. Add the ED which in my opinion is worst that the Lexapro (at least I can get up. Lexapro is how I learned how to edge) this is smaller version of myself that is done in 5 mins is a complete deflater.
WalkerT20, how have you been doing lately ? What dose are you at finally
Old 05-30-18, 09:56 AM

Gibsontb is on a distinguished road

Okay! I am a 54 Year old man. Iím in good shape and have a huge time concentrating. I also had several head injuries in the service that caused narcolepsy. Strattera is the only ADD drug also used for Narcolepsy. I was extremely pumped to get my prescription athouurized by the VA. Day one I started thinking clearly, a huge difference for me. They started me out at 40mg a day. Day three my Sex drive was obliterated, i felt like i was physically shrinking like being in cold water. Also ED set in hard. I even had little interest in sex which is a constant with me. I am extremely bummed, for this drug helped me quickly but the price seem sway to high to stay on it. Does anyone who tried it know If the side effects went away? Also i have heard that drinking tons of water helps.
Old 09-08-18, 11:42 AM

Ellenora is on a distinguished road

Normally any medication has the opposite affect on me, i started strattera about two weeks ago and its been great for the noise in the head and concentration... I am bipolar and was diagnosed with ADHD a month before my 32 birthday. the only real side affect i have is that i am beyond the norm amount of horny, and to add to that i was just released from hospital after 4 weeks of hospital and i am very happily married as normally at least 5 days per week happy. And now all i can think of is one thing.... and thanks to the mind being so clear and not over active i can think off only sex very clearly and not 10000 other things as well and i dont know how to tell my hubby lol sounds crazy but
Old 12-21-18, 01:34 PM

eracer is on a distinguished road

Late 30’s, 195lbs, HF-Aspie, ADHD, Mild Anxiety, IBS, Asthma, anaphylaxis allergies.
Diagnosed recently for the first three.

3 weeks on stratterra generic 40mg, and about to quit due to non-subsiding side effects. The worst are sexual related, and poor sleep. Lots of others, itching, dry mouth, BP, headaches etc. But when it is painful (burns) after ejac, and there’s next to nothing to show for it (fluid), it doesn’t seem worth it. Anyone have that, and it went away?

It also doesn’t seem to do much for motivation, just concentration and clearer thinking (and communication). I can get lots done, but my desk is still a mess and not getting to other aspirations. I bumped to 50mg yesterday, which had a nice feel for a few hours, then back to groggy, and for the life of me can’t get to sleep before 3am on this drug. It almost seems to concentrate the day’s focus into a window of time, then leave me adrift in the night... aimlessly wasting time.

Any suggestions on another or better drug for motivations? Anyone have sexual pain go away when it was still there at 3 weeks?
Old 03-22-19, 10:23 PM

Blue200 is on a distinguished road

eracer. Iím having very similar symptoms like yours. Just started atomoxetine three weeks ago 25 mg. Sexual side effects include weak erection, burning feel after ejac, difficulty urinating for little while after that, lower libido but could be because of the other problems. No pain though. Appetite is reduced a little, stomach cramps once in a while, some blurry vision. Maybe some clearer thinking but not sleeping well, usually wake up after three or four hours and have trouble getting back to sleep. Have your symptoms gotten any better or have you stopped taking atomoxetine?