ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Resources, Tools & Organizational Tips
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-11, 09:43 AM
Contributor

stoph276 is a jewel in the roughstoph276 is a jewel in the roughstoph276 is a jewel in the rough
Re: how many lists do you have?

Make a list of your lists...

Lol... better yet get a pda or smartphone with a to do app...
Old 07-30-11, 08:01 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 4,317 Times in 1,871 Posts
pechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceytracy91 View Post
"I got diagnosed with ADHD, hrm people say lists help...I NEED A MOLESKINE PLANNER AND A FOUNTAIN PEN!"
Oh, boy. This is me.

Quote:
Oh I love buying stuff to organize...but I still walk on a 6" carpet of clothing and crap on my bedroom floor.
My bf refuses to even *walk* on my side of the room. He calls it "The Forbidden Zone".

Quote:
Why can't ADHD treatment include someone to shadow you to be your cleaner and organizer? Someone who knows shorthand and how to fold laundry.
Yes!! I am convinced that this is how rich people with ADHD (like lots of musicians and actors, I suspect) manage so well. I have always been jealous that some people have personal assistants. That's exactly what *I* need! Where is *my* personal assistant?
The Following User Says Thank You to pechemignonne For This Useful Post:
spaceytracy91 (07-30-11)
Old 07-30-11, 09:40 PM

spaceytracy91 is on a distinguished road

hahahaha!!! it's terrible! i wish i was one of those yoga women, all organized, skinny, and neat. I loooovvveee when things are neat, but just can't get 'em that way!

Oh personal assistants...an entourage of magic elves...i wonder if there's a prescription for that!
The Following User Says Thank You to spaceytracy91 For This Useful Post:
pechemignonne (07-31-11)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-11, 08:41 PM
Jr Member

steveno1570 is on a distinguished road

If you have more than 5 lists I recommend a simple index. Actually if I have more than 5 of anything I will usually make some kind of external list.

I have an index in the front of my Tracker Keeper DIY Planner, that I change, (ideally) as I add/remove stuff.

My thumb rule questions for creating a new list are:

1 Are there more than 5 actions for this activity?

2 Have I made a list because I routinely 'fail' in this area?

3 How much listless competency will I need to function if sleep deprived?

4 Can I add this to an existing list or do I need a new one?
Old 11-08-11, 11:08 PM

Thanked 3,651 Times in 1,494 Posts
Spacemaster has a reputation beyond reputeSpacemaster has a reputation beyond reputeSpacemaster has a reputation beyond reputeSpacemaster has a reputation beyond reputeSpacemaster has a reputation beyond reputeSpacemaster has a reputation beyond reputeSpacemaster has a reputation beyond reputeSpacemaster has a reputation beyond reputeSpacemaster has a reputation beyond reputeSpacemaster has a reputation beyond reputeSpacemaster has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know how many I have, I can't find half of them.
Old 01-26-12, 01:30 PM
Contributor

tortilaman is just really nicetortilaman is just really nicetortilaman is just really nicetortilaman is just really nice

A couple things that have been decently working for me:

Workflowy.com
This lets you essentially keep an infinite number of lists, but they're nested lists, so you can categorize things any way you want, and cross them off. It also lets you tag items, so you can tag them with days of the week, or urgency, or what type of task it is, so you can click the #unscheduled tag to see everything you need to schedule or the #tobuy tag for everything you need to buy etc. I find this amazing for a master list

Scratchpads:
I went to officemax or somewhere and all they had was a 12 pack of scratchpads in terms of little notebooks with pages that were removable. I know have one everywhere, and one always on me as much as I can, so I can always write any of my thoughts down, and then pull out that page and take it with me so thoughts don't get lost. At the end of the day, I put all new tasks into my workflowy, and then in the morning I make a daily list on the scratchpad I keep with me, so that I can cross the things off that I have done

It is extremely important to cross things off on your list. That is so satisfying.
Old 01-26-12, 01:46 PM

Hotshot007 is on a distinguished road

I have a bunch of these. Saved my life. Get them at Barnes and Nobles. Slip in back pocket you dont even know it's there.
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7031/6...425a0f05bc.jpg
IMAG3355 by willz0072002, on Flickr
Old 01-26-12, 02:42 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

String has much to be proud ofString has much to be proud ofString has much to be proud ofString has much to be proud ofString has much to be proud ofString has much to be proud ofString has much to be proud ofString has much to be proud ofString has much to be proud of

I've been trying something new.

Instead of writing a bunch of lists, I just write 4 simple things that I can do now. Then I try to focus on those 4 things. When I'm done, I might write another list of 4 things that I can do now.

I still write shopping lists or lists of steps in a process or I write down important things that I don't want to forget, but this list of 4 works way better than anything else I've tried so far. And it's cheap.

Why does having one simple list that you keep creating work? Well, it keeps me from becoming overwhelmed. It keeps me from spending too much time on lists. It helps me move to doing instead of just the thinking about doing that happens when I work on lists.
Old 01-26-12, 04:11 PM

Thanked 2,410 Times in 1,334 Posts
TheChemicals has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1w View Post
I need to start making my own lists, if I expect to get anything done, especially at home. Handwritten lists of things needing done, put where I cannot help but see them. A nighttime list on the outside of my bedroom door. A morning list on the inside of my front door. A list left at my workstation. A list in my car for when I am on my way home... You know. I need lists seems everywhere. maybe even a list of lists ( topic, time, location )
LOL- yeh! I kept grabbin a notepad from my work supply room and making a list on it and after like a month i noticed that my car had over 20 notepads inside, each with a list of things....that once i read them...did not seem as important as my new list lol. Your one of my kind :P
Old 01-26-12, 04:26 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

cameron90 is a glorious beacon of lightcameron90 is a glorious beacon of lightcameron90 is a glorious beacon of lightcameron90 is a glorious beacon of lightcameron90 is a glorious beacon of lightcameron90 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
I make tons of lists doing the things on them is a different story. I am the queen of setting up new systems to stay organized and then letting them fall apart. I also have an office supply fetishe. If it can be written on or with,or file something I have to have it. I am one with staples
Exactly, making lists and actually using them effectively is my main problem. I used to have multiple lists but I realized that it didn't work for me. Now I just have a single to-do list on my phone, which is pretty much always on me and sync with my list on my computer, which I find works much better. I don't know what I would do without technology sometimes...
Old 01-26-12, 04:33 PM

Thanked 2,812 Times in 1,493 Posts
spunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond reputespunkysmum has a reputation beyond repute

Probably about 800 laying around somewhere. LOL.
Old 01-29-12, 05:51 AM
Contributor

tortilaman is just really nicetortilaman is just really nicetortilaman is just really nicetortilaman is just really nice

If I don't consolidate my lists they're useless. I just look at the 10 sheets of paper in front of me and flip through them and don't accomplish anything. I did a little bit of that tonight.
Old 01-29-12, 09:53 AM

Thanked 2,410 Times in 1,334 Posts
TheChemicals has disabled reputation

When i find an old list that really isnt that old- maybe 2-3 weeks; everything on it seems useless and not that important even though it is. Its like my mind is saying "that is sooo last week"
Old 03-30-12, 08:29 AM

marywarren is on a distinguished road

I have a list of lists! To make the lists. I actually have like a gazillion lists, I change my lists all the time. *list-mania*
Lol I'm being serious
Old 03-30-12, 02:14 PM
Contributor

I started using evernote recently. One note, one task. Get them done move them to the "Done" notebook. It works decently well. That and the Reqall app is nice, it reminds you of things based on where you are.