ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 09-19-09, 11:55 PM

lilmisssunshine is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Newbie here =) Anyone did the master cleanse diet while taking Adderall and Lamictal?

Hello everyone!

I am new here and hope to be an active member =) I take adderall 20 mg twice a day and lamictal 100 mg twice a day. I read the forums about not eating acidic foods and I was wondering if it was okay to keep taking the meds while doing the master cleanse diet? (also called the lemoade diet) it's a detox to get rid of all the bad toxins in your body, works great! The first time i did it I was taking Adderall XR 30mg and lamictal 200mg and I was fine. I switched doctors and he started me off with Addeall 20mg and Lamictal 100mg but I'm guessing he's just trying to be safe until he gets familiarized with my situation. I wanted to start the cleanse again but now I'm worried that it won't be good for my body. Any suggestions or advice? Has anyone done this while continuing taking their meds? I would greatly appreciate it =)
Old 09-20-09, 01:14 AM
Super Meowaderator

Thanked 15,431 Times in 6,131 Posts
meadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Newbie here =) Anyone did the master cleanse diet while taking Adderall and Lamic

I don't have a clue about this cleansing diet - removing all the toxins your body removes toxins constantly - it seems like a good balanced diet with plenty of fresh water would accomplish this while still maintaining good nutrition

Lemonade diet would be counter productive while taking adderall as the acid prevents the stimulant medication from absorbing.

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
Old 09-20-09, 01:28 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 3,331 Times in 1,335 Posts
Trooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Newbie here =) Anyone did the master cleanse diet while taking Adderall and Lamic

My favorite body-cleansing diet is the "having a liver" diet.
bricaru (09-09-10), peripatetic (09-08-10), PickMeUpRoadie (09-20-09)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-09, 10:05 AM
Contributor

PickMeUpRoadie is a splendid one to beholdPickMeUpRoadie is a splendid one to beholdPickMeUpRoadie is a splendid one to beholdPickMeUpRoadie is a splendid one to beholdPickMeUpRoadie is a splendid one to beholdPickMeUpRoadie is a splendid one to beholdPickMeUpRoadie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMiller View Post
My favorite body-cleansing diet is the "having a liver" diet.
It's amazing what a good set of organs can do for you.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data.”

“I never remember feeling tired by work, though idleness exhausts me completely”

"If we are going to be damned, let us be damned for what we really are." - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

"The saxophones...are not expected...to behave like demented cats... "
Ralph Vaughan Williams, notes to his Symphony No.9 in E minor

Old 09-07-10, 03:02 PM

Jenny Grace is on a distinguished road

Hi, I'm new here too - first post, actually - my first reaction would be that you don't want to do anything that is going to put your body in to any kind of trauma. I've done the Master Cleanse (before I started taking any meds) and I know it's a really serious cleanse. I was mentally affected for 4-5 days after starting the cleanse.

If you're taking psychopharmaceuticals that have been prescribed to you because of an existing condition, and you're sticking to your prescription, then I wouldn't recommend you do anything until you have a stasis and a good shrink. I know this sounds conservative, but you have no idea what starvation does to the mind.
Old 09-08-10, 03:29 AM

Devilnuts will become famous soon enough

I would recommend against any kind of cleanse or miracle diet. Good nutrition is important, and there is no "miracle" cure when it comes to giving your body what it needs.

A nutritionist would probably tell you that the lemonade/cayenne diet is dangerous, at best.

"You cannot change people. You must be the change you wish to see in them." - Ghandi
Old 09-08-10, 12:44 PM

Drizzy is on a distinguished road

I was wondering the same thing a few weeks ago. I figured since I am not eating anyways, I might as well cleanse my system BUT I decided against it. I figured it would affect the absorption of my Adderall and cause it not to work. I say not to do it, but still drink tons of water and eat organic vegetables. This will cleanse your body just as well as the master cleanse
Old 09-08-10, 12:52 PM
ADDvanced Member

Shlovies will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Grace View Post
Hi, I'm new here too - first post, actually - my first reaction would be that you don't want to do anything that is going to put your body in to any kind of trauma. I've done the Master Cleanse (before I started taking any meds) and I know it's a really serious cleanse. I was mentally affected for 4-5 days after starting the cleanse.

If you're taking psychopharmaceuticals that have been prescribed to you because of an existing condition, and you're sticking to your prescription, then I wouldn't recommend you do anything until you have a stasis and a good shrink. I know this sounds conservative, but you have no idea what starvation does to the mind.
(pardon, I hope this isn't considered hijacking a thread ... Jenny, I found myself drawn to your post because it sounds like you have some experience with the whole starvation/mind thing? Sounds intriguing .... Can you enlighten me?

Old 09-09-10, 07:59 AM

sauer_kraut is on a distinguished road

Why do I get a feeling that this thread is headed in a bad direction?
Old 09-09-10, 10:07 AM
ADDvanced Member

Shlovies will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sauer_kraut View Post
Why do I get a feeling that this thread is headed in a bad direction?
Huh? I was, as far as I was concerned, "innocently curious", as am doing a research paper on eating disorders. There was nothing bad about it. I just wanted to hear other perspectives etc.

Old 09-30-10, 01:26 AM

amymarieee is on a distinguished road

cleanses make you lose weight for about a week and then you gain everything back. youre also messing with your metabolism by doing that
Old 09-30-10, 10:40 PM

Juice will become famous soon enough

I cleanse quite regularly. In fact I was on a 7 day cleanse ( not the master cleanse) about 3 weeks ago. The mental clarity is AMAZING!
I follow a really healthy diet/lifestyle outside of the cleanse. Weight loss is never the goal .A cleanse is not a good way to do it.
However if changing habits is a goal then a cleanse is often a really good place to start .
I don't think meds are a good idea. Many people have detox symptoms and generally feel more tired the first couple of days of a cleanse. Some experience head aches.
It is good to know exactly how you feel.
No need for "artificial" energy when the body is healing.
A cleanse is a really good time to connect with yourself and the how's and why of how you operate .
Maybe this is a good time to take a break from meds ( the "med holiday") so every thing you experience is super authentic.
As I fear this thread will go somewhere dark pm me if you want .
I have done about 6 .One every 6 months.
Good Luck!!!!!!!
Old 09-30-10, 11:21 PM

babychewy is on a distinguished road

Oh my.... You are going to experience the most severe tension headache going on any sort of diet while taking Adderall. Not only will the headache be severe, but the nausea and vomiting will really do you in.