ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > ADD FORUMS LIVE CHAT
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-07, 07:22 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 6,054 Times in 2,509 Posts
kilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond reputekilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond reputekilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond reputekilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond reputekilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond reputekilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond reputekilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond reputekilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond reputekilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond reputekilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond reputekilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond repute
chat software

Other examples of this software show the numbers of people in the chatroom on the main menu bar. Maybe an update/upgrade of he software would install this feature and lead to the chat facility being used more often.

kilt
Old 10-03-07, 07:41 PM

Garry has disabled reputation
Huh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You lost me somewhere on this one

I am ------------ ADD
Addaptable, Directed, Determined

Old 10-03-07, 07:48 PM

kilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond reputekilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond reputekilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond reputekilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond reputekilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond reputekilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond reputekilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond reputekilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond reputekilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond reputekilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond reputekilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond repute
I assume from the look and feel of this site that it is running vbulletin or a clone. Other sites use the same software and when people are in chat the menubar with "Memberslist", "Calendar", "chat" etc shows the number of people in chat lke this
Chat[3]. hovering over the Chat has a drop down menu which allows one to click and see who is in chat before entering the chat program.

Maybe this would get chat used more as people would then see who is in chat.

Maybe there is an update/upgrade to the chat program that gives tese features?

I am surprised given the number of people logged into the site that no one uses the facility

kilt
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-07, 09:54 PM

Thanked 5,023 Times in 2,426 Posts
livinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond repute
click on "quick links" and then click on "who's chatting" and you'll see who is all in the chat room

Leonard: “You’re using chocolates as positive reinforcement for what you consider good behavior!”
Sheldon: “Very good! Chocolate?”
-The Big Bang Theory (sitcom on CBS)
Old 10-06-07, 09:21 AM

Hi Living in chaos...

The point I'm trying to make is that if peope see Chat[1] then they know someones in chat and can either go straight in or click the Who's chatting link to see who's there.

Since there seems never to be anyone in the room there's not much point doing any clicking to see who's there.....and if you go in and wait...no one knows you're there unless they too enter the room or actively want to click 2 links when experience says the likelihood is there's no one there.

kilt
Old 10-06-07, 03:31 PM
Ghost in the Machine

Thanked 1,633 Times in 574 Posts
Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Re: chat software

We're in the process of putting together a list of modifications and changes to be made to the ADDF...this is near the top of the list

To review the ADD Forums Guidelines, please click here.
Old 10-07-07, 12:10 AM
ADDvanced Member

Marty will become famous soon enough

isn't it an idea to make a IRC chat with an online java client on your site, I bet there are a lot of people like me that have an IRC client and would rather use that then an online java chat.
Old 10-07-07, 01:27 AM
Ghost in the Machine

Thanked 1,633 Times in 574 Posts
Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps...we're looking at our options.

To review the ADD Forums Guidelines, please click here.