ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > ADD FORUMS LIVE CHAT
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-07, 10:08 AM

Crazy~Feet is a jewel in the roughCrazy~Feet is a jewel in the roughCrazy~Feet is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacinta
I once had a partner who had 'manic depression' as it was called back then. whilst he was an extremely intelligent, sensitive and gentle soul things became a bit unpredictable when he went off his meds. For example, he was looking after the kids once while I went down to the corner shop..when I got home they were all having a water balloon fight...in the house!..none of them could understand my annoyance..the kids thought it was xmas and bf had no idea of the inappropriateness of the situation. I could never get angry with him but neither could I sustain a relationship with him due to the severity of his illness. However, I have always been extremely sensitive to the challenges faced by those with bi-polar. He ,tragically, committed suicide a few years after we split. This world was never meant for one as beautiful as him.
Thanks for sharing that Jacinda you do know I am bipolar too, right?
Old 03-08-07, 10:16 AM
Contributor

jacinta will become famous soon enough
yeah..thats y I shared dude..
Old 03-08-07, 10:17 AM

Crazy~Feet is a jewel in the roughCrazy~Feet is a jewel in the roughCrazy~Feet is a jewel in the rough
Stories like that remind me of why I campaign so hard here at ADDF for people with bipolar to turn away from the alluring charms of mania and get medicated.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-07, 10:19 AM
Contributor

If only it could be turned on at will-ie when you needed to get the housework done..and it would become a national asset!
Old 03-08-07, 10:23 AM

That is some people's argument against medicating themselves. I have to admit I sure wish I could have kept a small degree of the hypomania and just got rid of the depression but it does not work that way! When I think of how much I used to get done and still have energy to burn I have to wonder some days. Then I look at my family and remember how irritable and hostile I was then too....
Old 03-08-07, 10:37 AM
Contributor

BP is probably one of the most challenging things to deal with. I mean I don't mind a bit of a mood swing because I don't know how you can appreciate the good if you haven't had some bad. But the extremes of BP are scary esp. for loved ones. And the pain of watching someone you care about deteriorate into mania or depression at those extremes is not fun. Plus the person with BP is obviously distressed at not being able to find that 'balance' and feeling as if they don't fit in. The world really can be alienating for some.
Old 03-08-07, 10:40 AM

Ya know what J? We could have used that post a while ago in another thread, where I was saying essentially the same thing. Perhaps it did not carry much weight coming from me though, since I am on the inside looking out and can only imagine how my family feels, or just take their words for it. Coming from a partner like that might hit a lot harder than for it to come from another bipolar who is now medicated.
Old 03-08-07, 11:21 AM
Contributor

At least people like us know there is a bleeding edge...I'd hate to be ignorant. catchya later.
Old 03-10-07, 06:02 AM
Contributor

frequency modulation

Yea but its all good, Jacinta. I love anime and its nice to find out that my little buddy Vhan is an Otaku too . That was a terribly interesting discussion IMO.

mmm..was I being oversensitive or imaginative - I'd be interested to know which. I wonder if this had anything to do with my latest experience of seeing something last night before it happened..only about 6 weeks after the last similar experience..frequency modulation..i'm tuning in..

ps Im a word wizard -now I'm questioning ur 'terribly interesting'.
Old 03-10-07, 11:17 AM

Round here 'terribly interesting' is a good thing. it really was very interesting to exchange a few anime comments with Vhan and I made some more anime comments to him later on in another thread too.

My usertitle does say that I go off-topic easily after all.
Old 03-10-07, 02:48 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Vhan will become famous soon enough
(takes the anime air freshiners off of his desktop)

*mutters to himself*...man I should be carefull were I put these things *mumble*
Old 03-11-07, 08:41 AM
Contributor

#$%^#..i cant even post in another thread..vhan finds it..

..anime = ?? = air freshener??

Where do I buy it?
Old 03-11-07, 12:16 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Vhan will become famous soon enough
O, sorry jacinta, didn't mean to carry the conversaton in the nore "off topic" direction
Old 03-18-07, 09:55 AM
Contributor

vhan, its Ok, I like off topic!
Old 03-19-07, 04:44 AM

cwbyjohnson is on a distinguished road
I have Bipolar and it expresses itself in rage. Since taking depakote and abilify it's under control though.