ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Ritalin
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Ritalin (methylphenidate)

Old 03-16-18, 08:58 AM

PeteMaz is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Ritalin + SSRI for my mild anxiety / OCPD

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and i'm loving it .

2 weeks ago I was diagnosed with ADD-PI + mild OCPD. Before I had been misdiagnosed with anxiety with panic attacks and had been on many SSRIs (all were a disaster).

I always felt I had ADD, but in my contry doctors don't treat adult ADD. I went to germany and got my diagnosis there and my psychologist was so friendly and helpful.

Now i'm on Ritalin 5mg IR + 10MG LA 2x day and for the first time in my life i have full control of my thoughts, actions, plans, etc. My mind is "empty", clear of any racing thoughts, i can finish tasks, start tasks with ease and my focus is so good and my internal restlessness is gone!

The only issue is i have some strange mild anxiety connected to my OCPD, which is destroying my motivation and makes me obsess / focus on some stupid things. At the same time my blood preasur is fine 135/83/78

Today i took clonazepam 5mg with my ritalin and i'm again laser focused, zero tension, zero headakes, etc. I'm feeling like a normal productive person.

Any advice how I can fix this anxiety/OCPD issues? Clonazepam is not a long term option.

Maybe some SSRI on top of my ritalin would help?
Old 03-16-18, 01:53 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,356 Times in 782 Posts
Little Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud of
Re: Ritalin + SSRI for my mild anxiety / OCPD

1. Follow whatever guidelines you and your Doc agreed to.
2. If concerned and unsure how to proceed, call your Doc.
3. I have zero experience w/ clonazepam and OCPD.
4. Being ≤2 weeks on Ritalin and 1 day on new med, my knee jerk reaction is to continue at present dosing/frequency for a week or two and see what if anything changes.

HTH, -LN
Old 03-21-18, 07:13 AM

PeteMaz is on a distinguished road
Re: Ritalin + SSRI for my mild anxiety / OCPD

I agree with you.

Will discuss it with my DR. I just wanted to hear Your opinions or real life experiences.
Sponsored Links