ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Sleeping
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-19, 01:43 PM

Thanked 4,184 Times in 2,013 Posts
willow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, I'm sleeping well! Sleep tracking and changes

Hi forums!

I've met my sleep goal for two weeks in a row
My goal is to average 7.5 hours a night.

In case this is helpful to anyone:
I got a Fitbit Alta HR about 2 years ago when the PE teacher at my school showed me how it tracks sleep. I think it's been a good tool...it helped me see that pretty much any kind of travel involving flying affects my sleep negatively. And I could also see that after weeks where I had major sleep debt, every single time I would get sooosososo sick.

I've read that you can make up the sleep debt that you've accumulated over the past 2 weeks, like, by sleeping in or whatever or going to bed early. And if you do make up your sleep debt, it does heal any damage done to your brain/body.

So on my phone I keep track every week of what my total sleep is, and assuming I should get 7.5 hours a night, how much sleep debt I have that week. And I make a note of anything significant from the week.
Like...

"10/7 47h52m (Colombus day off/travel to CA)
-4h38m

10/14 44h37m (home from CA, out sick)
-7h53m"

My first fitbit broke and I didn't replace it for some months, BUT, I know that during all the time of fitbit sleep tracking, I've never slept this much. Whoa! This is good right?? lol. Hopefully it indicates an improvement in mental health and such......

I started taking Prozac over the summer, and after surviving the first 4 weeks, it does feel like it's doing good things. And, I guess I'm self diagnosing but, now that the clouds are lifted somewhat, I'm certain I have chronic depression in addition to ADHD and various anxiety issues.

I notice that I'm *actually* tired starting around 9 PM. So I'm going to bed earlier. I'm successfully winding up the day and doing going-to-sleep types of things, which I've always always struggled with. I wonder if this is the Prozac? Or maybe it's that I have fewer gigs now, so I'm not traveling as much, so my mind and body is able to have a routine? I do have some performances with a new band coming up, and a wedding. I hope things stay relatively improved despite upcoming travel...

Other recent med things: Prozac killed my libido, I tried Welbutrin but that made me drowsy in the day, so then prescriber [went out on a limb] and told me about this supplement that I guess recently people have noticed seems to help with anti-depressant induced lack of libido....It's for balancing lady hormones, especially during menopause lol...well, anyways, seems that it's helping with the libido. I've been on it for over a month now. I wonder if it's also helping me sleep better??

I hope you're all doing well and getting rest too!! **hugs**
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to willow129 For This Useful Post:
20thcenturyfox (03-18-19), Emre22 (02-02-19), midnightstar (02-02-19), namazu (02-02-19), stef (02-02-19)
Old 02-02-19, 03:05 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 23,799 Times in 14,077 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Wow, I'm sleeping well! Sleep tracking and changes

I'm so glad you've met your sleep goal, willow

Good to see you here again
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
willow129 (02-02-19)
Old 05-08-19, 01:20 PM
Contributor

20thcenturyfox is a glorious beacon of light20thcenturyfox is a glorious beacon of light20thcenturyfox is a glorious beacon of light20thcenturyfox is a glorious beacon of light20thcenturyfox is a glorious beacon of light
OT, But What Is the Supplement That is Helping Libido?

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow129 View Post
... prescriber [went out on a limb] and told me about this supplement that I guess recently people have noticed seems to help with anti-depressant induced lack of libido....It's for balancing lady hormones, especially during menopause lol...well, anyways, seems that it's helping with the libido. I've been on it for over a month now. I wonder if it's also helping me sleep better??
I'm a little behind the curve here, but this sounds like an important hack, especially if it does help improve sleep.
Sponsored Links