ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adult Education
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adult Education This forum is to discuss issues related to ADD and higher education.

Old 05-10-14, 02:21 PM
ADDvanced Member

yellowflowers is a glorious beacon of lightyellowflowers is a glorious beacon of lightyellowflowers is a glorious beacon of lightyellowflowers is a glorious beacon of lightyellowflowers is a glorious beacon of light
Smile 'Phrasebank' for writing: Really helpful

Hi

Just wanted to post link to this website I found for help with academic writing. Its really helpful for anyone like me who has trouble structuring sentences....or finding the right words to use

http://www.phrasebank.manchester.ac.uk/

Xxx

"In the same way, there is some creature gnawing away inside me, urging me to do things in different ways" -Dylan Moran

"should I abide by the rules until they're changed, or help speed the change by breaking them?" –Ashleigh Brilliant

Dx
ADHD-C
Dyslexia
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to yellowflowers For This Useful Post:
dun9dun9 (08-12-14), finallyfound10 (05-11-14), Fuzzy12 (05-13-14), MADD As A Hatte (05-15-14), mrs. dobbs (05-11-14), Nicksgonefishin (05-27-14), spamspambacon (05-26-14)
Old 05-10-14, 02:24 PM
ADDvanced Member

yellowflowers is a glorious beacon of lightyellowflowers is a glorious beacon of lightyellowflowers is a glorious beacon of lightyellowflowers is a glorious beacon of lightyellowflowers is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 'Phrasebank' for writing: Really helpful

Ooo oh what I've been doing too is taking phrases I really like and putting them in a notebook I can look in when I'm stuck.... like formal email type phrases etc.

Finding it a bit hard to remember to put stuff in the notebook but the more I use it the hander it gets

"In the same way, there is some creature gnawing away inside me, urging me to do things in different ways" -Dylan Moran

"should I abide by the rules until they're changed, or help speed the change by breaking them?" –Ashleigh Brilliant

Dx
ADHD-C
Dyslexia
The Following User Says Thank You to yellowflowers For This Useful Post:
MADD As A Hatte (05-16-14)
Old 05-11-14, 12:55 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,611 Times in 886 Posts
finallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond repute

This is so cool!!! Thank you!! I have been thinking of taking a writing class because I think that I struggle more than "normal" with it.

I am not good with transitions and the like. Eventually, I will be going back to school for a Bachelor's in Nursing where there is a lot of writing so this will be so helpful!!

Thanks again!!!
Shame derives it's power from being unspeakable.
Shame corrodes the very part of us that believes we are capable of change.
Shame cannot survive being spoken. It can't survive empathy.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to finallyfound10 For This Useful Post:
MADD As A Hatte (05-16-14), yellowflowers (05-25-14)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-14, 04:47 AM
Contributor

MADD As A Hatte has a brilliant futureMADD As A Hatte has a brilliant futureMADD As A Hatte has a brilliant futureMADD As A Hatte has a brilliant futureMADD As A Hatte has a brilliant futureMADD As A Hatte has a brilliant futureMADD As A Hatte has a brilliant futureMADD As A Hatte has a brilliant futureMADD As A Hatte has a brilliant futureMADD As A Hatte has a brilliant futureMADD As A Hatte has a brilliant future

Spectacular. Thanks so much. I have forwarded this on to the learning development at my uni (Uni Newcastle, Australia). Bloody fantastic!
Cheers

ADHD explained. UNC Burnett Lectures
Dr Russell Barkley - 2012
http://learningcenter.unc.edu/ldadhd...ssell-barkley/

Dr Patricia Quinn - 2011 - ADD in girls and women.
http://learningcenter.unc.edu/ldadhd...atricia-quinn/

MADD as a Hatter. Bull in a china shop. The angel who rushed in where fools feared to tread. That just about says it all.
The Following User Says Thank You to MADD As A Hatte For This Useful Post:
yellowflowers (05-25-14)
Old 05-16-14, 08:11 AM
Contributor

MADD As A Hatte has a brilliant futureMADD As A Hatte has a brilliant futureMADD As A Hatte has a brilliant futureMADD As A Hatte has a brilliant futureMADD As A Hatte has a brilliant futureMADD As A Hatte has a brilliant futureMADD As A Hatte has a brilliant futureMADD As A Hatte has a brilliant futureMADD As A Hatte has a brilliant futureMADD As A Hatte has a brilliant futureMADD As A Hatte has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowflowers View Post
Hi

Just wanted to post link to this website I found for help with [essay writing].

http://www.phrasebank.manchester.ac.uk/

Xxx
So, today I lashed out and spent £4 for the Phrasebank e-book of this UK professor.

Splendid! It's the best money I've spent thus far in my fledgling university education.

Brilliant! Did I say a thousand thank you's to the forum poster? No? How rude!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you. thank you ...

PS I sent the link to the student support / learning development unit at my uni. They want to know where it is that I keep finding all these hidden gems that I put them onto. At this point, I admit, I am taking ALL the glory, but in my heart I acknowledge ... I stand on the shoulders of all of you ADD giants!

MADD as a Hatter. Bull in a china shop. The angel who rushed in where fools feared to tread. That just about says it all.
The Following User Says Thank You to MADD As A Hatte For This Useful Post:
yellowflowers (05-25-14)
Old 05-25-14, 09:58 AM
ADDvanced Member

Hi finally found and MADD as a Hatte!

Glad you found the link useful where did you find the £4 phrase bank book? Is it worth the money? I can get a bit overwhelmed if too much info ( is it very long?)

Xxx

Dx
ADHD-C
Dyslexia
Old 05-27-14, 09:26 AM
Contributor

Cool Re: 'Phrasebank' for writing: Really helpful

... where did you find the £4 phrase bank book?

Google: Academic Phrasebank Manchester UNI.
Go to the link
Left hand side - choose Phrasebank.pdf
You buy a license for four pounds and then download it

It's the best under-ten dollars investment I've ever made!

It's not a ton of overwhelming info; it's a wonderful treasure trove of boosters to help you get started, or to improve your writing generally, or to perfect your already pretty good skills.