ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > General Medication Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

General Medication Discussion This section is to be used for general medication discussion and other medications not broken out in their own respective forums.

Old 10-18-13, 02:56 PM

hworth is on a distinguished road
Lyrica & Adderall - What Dosage of Lyrica Per Day?

Hi,

I've been on Adderall for a week or two now but had the medication itself much longer - only began taking it on a regular basis as of now because before it was increasing my anxiety. Now that I am taking Lyrica in combination with the Adderall, I wanted to get people's opinions on dosages: how many MG's of Lyrica do you take a day, and how do you split up the timing of the dosages during the day? And how much Adderall do you take with it? I want to find the perfect dose of Lyrica to get rid of the Adderall anxiety
Old 10-18-13, 03:26 PM
Jr Member

Warhawk is on a distinguished road
Re: Lyrica & Adderall - What Dosage of Lyrica Per Day?

I found that Lyrica 150mg. BID was the lowest -- yet very efficacious -- dose for my anxiety problems; however, I would believe that to be too much for a newbie. That was what I was on and I found that my tolerance was going up so we decided to change it to its equivalent in Neurontin so my PDOC wrote #120 gabapentin 1,800mg. [400mg. QID] for 300.02 (generalized anxiety disorder). It was not for health insurance reasons, but I suggest that if you do have health insurance-- Lyrica is far superior to Neurontin. I was switched to Neurontin last month and went ahead and kept it the same this month, but I plan on going back to Lyrica and adding another 150mg. so #90 pregabalin 150mg. would be for next month.

I have not taken it with Adderall for too long, I was prescribed Adderall for the first time Wednesday. But, I did take it with Vyvanse 60mg. in the past. I dose Lyrica once a day in the morning and it carries me over until the evening after the Vyvanse has worn off. It lasts a long time. I would have gotten it in 300mg., but I still like the ability to flex my dose although I generally do not do so. I may take a little more, a little less depending on the day, but I try to stay around 300mg. of Lyrica.

I suggest you try dosing your Lyrica 90min. before your Adderall doses at 75mg. to start out with. You can go up to 600mg. but you don't want to build a tolerance to this stuff. I definitely get a euphoric effect off of it at 750mg. and I have taken as much as 2 grams of the stuff, but this is when I was getting high instead of using it for anxiety.
Old 10-18-13, 03:35 PM

hworth is on a distinguished road

So you used to dose 150mg Lyrica B.I.D. with 60mg of Vyvanse? Did that work pretty well..? I have both Vyvanse and Adderall I.R./X.R. available to me so I'm just trying to figure out which goes better with Lyrica. And yes, insurance is not an issue for me so I will definitely stick to Lyrica rather than Neurontin, thanks for the tip.

Have you noticed any adverse effects mixing the two drugs? Or tolerance issues from Lyrica 150mg B.I.D.? Or any side effects like cognitive issues/memory problems/etc?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-13, 03:48 PM
Jr Member

Warhawk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hworth View Post
So you used to dose 150mg Lyrica B.I.D. with 60mg of Vyvanse? Did that work pretty well..? I have both Vyvanse and Adderall I.R./X.R. available to me so I'm just trying to figure out which goes better with Lyrica. And yes, insurance is not an issue for me so I will definitely stick to Lyrica rather than Neurontin, thanks for the tip.

Have you noticed any adverse effects mixing the two drugs? Or tolerance issues from Lyrica 150mg B.I.D.? Or any side effects like cognitive issues/memory problems/etc?
Yes, I was prescribed 150mg. BID but took it QD (300mg.) in the morning. The pregabalin was a great anxiolytic; whereas, the Vyvanse (lisdexamphetamine) did little for my ADHD symptoms. I did not suffer any anxiety arising from concomitant use of lisdexamphetamine and pregabalin.

In terms of which Adderall formulation "goes better" with pregabalin? It depends on how you need to dose the pregabalin. If you're like me and pregabalin can carry you the entire day, then I suggest dosing the XR. If you need to redose the pregabalin later in the day, then I suggest using the IR. Using XR or IR is up to personal trial. I'd say, for me, that the IR is more effective at managing my ADHD symptoms because it's time-released, but for you-- IR may cause more anxiety since it's the medication "all at once".

If I were you, something like this:

Morning: 75mg. Lyrica
1 hour later: 20mg. XR
6 hours later: 75mg. Lyrica
1 hour later: 10mg. IR "booster dose".

Use the IR you have on hand as a booster dose to the XR and dose Lyrica one hour before you dose the Adderall. It takes awhile to kick in and bring you anxiety relief.