ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Desoxyn
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Desoxyn methamphetamine hydrochloride (also known as desoxyephedrine)

Old 06-18-15, 08:08 PM
Jr Member

thebomb402 is an unknown quantity at this point
The Ridiculous Desoxyn Stigma

I found adderall to be much more tweakish than desoxyn. I really do not see how pharmaceutical doses of desoxyn are really any more dangerous or "wild" than caffeine. Desoxyn doesn't alter my personality or judgment. Ritalin and adderall made my heart pound out of my chest. This is the only thing that doesn't jack up my blood pressure. All it feels like is drinking 2 monster drinks without the peripheral stimulation or anxiety. I will say that for some people that need that extra norepinephrine push or that need more motivation to do things it might not be the best treatment. For a lot of people though with ADHD like myself I'm sure it could help. The short acting nature of the other ADHD meds make them in my opinion a nightmare. I could never get concerta to release steadily or get vyvanse to last more than a 4 hours even. Even then it was too mild and sort of distracting with bits of hyperfocus.

I wrote this mainly to tell anyone that hasn't tried this drug that this is not some demonic street drug that destroys people. Those tweakers who make it in their basement are synthesizing it impurely. It leaves behind acidic residue that they can't get rid of since they do not have high tech chemistry equipment. Those reactants that haven't reacted all the way are what rot their teeth. I have all mine. They also use from what I looked up online toxic chemicals which by themselves cause retardation. I think our society needs to differentiate between this and pharmaceutical methamphetamine. I have zero desire to take more than prescribed of this stuff. And that's funny because with adderall or ritalin anyone would get a buzz off just one more 20mg pill (or whatever their dose was). This does not appear to be like that at all. It's sort of like a finite stimulation level to where more does not do much of anything. Yes the idiots on the street taking 500mg (20x a desoxyn daily dose) twice a day full of impurities from their basement synthesis and god knows what else will probably get high off whatever chemicals are leftover from the synthesis and the L side of the molecule not found in desoxyn.

My point is that at least in pharmaceutical comparisons I could see people getting hooked on or abusing amphetamine or ritalin but I have a hard time seeing people doing this with desoxyn that actually have ADHD. I read in an online forum of tweakers trying to get high off ridiculous amounts of desoxyn and they said they couldn't. I would never attempt to duplicate their experience but it is believable when you consider L-methamphetamine isn't in desoxyn nor are the toxic reactant leftovers. God knows what new reactants they are substituting to try and make that. If regular amphetamine was as easy to make then that would be the stigmatized one.

Anyway just wanted to dispel how ridiculous it is to ridicule a pharmaceutically pure and comparatively small dose to what addicts are illegally taking. And of course I wanted to illustrate how much worse adderall or ritalin in my mind were than this in terms of addiction potential. I never abused either but I could see with their short lives and relative fleeting therapeutic effects let alone escalation of euphoria with dose that those would be what people would most likely become addicted to.

I get zero euphoria with desoxyn. It borderline feels like I did not take anything except when I sit down and have to do something like write this post I am not thinking about the 15 other things I need to do in regards to my last semester of my math major or MCAT prep or whatever. For some desoxyn probably won't provide enough kick but for those of us that don't like to feel like we are on something I think desoxyn might help.

Like I said, I feel like I could even sleep after taking this. It's not even that stimulating. It's hard to imagine something that isn't stimulating but allows you to focus. I hope perhaps this post could help dispel some myths and help others in some way. I'm not a doctor and not giving any medical advice just reiterating my experiences with 10 years of experience trying to find a medication with less side effects or in this case no side effects. While I have never tried a drug other than marijuana in high school that was not prescribed to me (caffeine and alcohol obviously I have), it really is a shame that we will up our prison systems with people hooked on some trashy street version of this who for all we know might prosper if their ADHD was treated (if they had it). I can't really relate to those people but it breaks my heart that we spend so much tax dollar money and ruin people's already ruined lives and further based on the wrong philosophy of helping people. 90% of prisons in the USA are privately owned and they want more guests. I think it's time that those of us with the ability to vouch for the proper use of the D form of this drug with ADHD take a stand and say that this thing is being compared to something completely different. I'll bet you majority of what they are getting high off isn't even the L side of the molecule but the endless random reactants and contaminants laced in.

Considering this is the only desoxyn form I know of that is legitimate, I figured I'd post this here.

While there are a virtually unlimited amount of ways one could genetically wind up with ADHD, research has shown that a significant portion of people with ADHD have dopamine transporters that do not function properly. Ritalin and Amphetamine correct this. Methamphetamine possibly corrects the backwards flowing or inefficient dopamine transporters too scientists have found. I also think about what kind of brain damage long term or at least free radical excess generation a constant flux of drug wearing off or coming on would cause i.e. from ritalin or adderall which half significantly shorter half lives. The timed release forms definitely did not improve my situation.

I found a link of a harvard psychiatrist stating that methamphetamine is indeed more effective a lot of the time and due to its stigma it is not prescribed as often.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...h-cocaine.html

A neuroscientist in that article of which you can read more from elsewhere also talks about how participants actually had higher scores in studies after taking pharmaceutical grade methamphetamine (not in extremely high doses people illegally take it in).

At about 600$/100 5mgpills the generic price of this drug has gone up significantly from the 20$ that 100 20mg pills used to cost around 25 years ago. I would think that if enough proper knowledge was spread that perhaps more than one company would decide or get approval to make this generic and prices would go down. My copay is 10$ either way but it disconcerting to see that just one manufacturer is producing this.

5 cents per 5 mg from the pharmacy versus today 6$ per 5 mg from the pharmacy. Know of anything else that is gone up 120x in price in the last 20-25 years?

Last edited by thebomb402; 06-18-15 at 08:32 PM..
Old 06-19-15, 02:56 AM
Jr Member

Re: The Ridiculous Desoxyn Stigma

I also want to add that I was indeed just like the professor of psychiatry from Harvard stated happened in the article getting urinary tract infections while on ritalin and amphetamine. I had never had a UTI in my life before that. a UTI in a male in itself is not very common especially in the absence of confounding factors like STDs or something which weren't an issue.
Old 06-19-15, 07:57 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 22,379 Times in 12,051 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe Desoxyn can be the basis of your thesis.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969

Last edited by Little Missy; 06-19-15 at 08:18 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
namazu (06-19-15), Stevuke79 (12-02-15)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-15, 08:06 AM
Contributor

baical will become famous soon enough

Vyvanse last more than 4 hours? I'm at 40 mg daily, I feel as if it fades out in 4 hours. Maybe it's because of my anti tolerance vitamins and minerals regimen I take (zinc/magnesium, etc).

I'm curious about Desoxyn if it is smoother than Vyvanse? Some people say yes, way smoother than Vyvanse. Not sure if I should go the dexedrine route first before desoxyn? Vyvanse just feels more like a pro drug of amphetamine which it is, so I'm not sure why this feels not as "life changing" as my doctor claimed it to be. I've only been on it for about 3 months.

My conclusion is meth is not as bad as it is made out to be considering the scheduling (schedule 2) is the same as Vyvanse ("safest" amphetamine there is).
Old 06-30-15, 10:00 AM
Jr Member

Yeah I too am noticing it doesn't last for more than around that. It sure doesn't have the norepinephrine kick i found adderall or even d amph to have.
The Following User Says Thank You to thebomb402 For This Useful Post:
baical (07-02-15)
Old 07-02-15, 08:38 AM
Contributor

I think Vyvanse is really meant for kids as an amphetamine starter. Just my opinion. If I were to go back to college and I'd have to wait 2-3 hours for it to kick in, I don't see a point because 2-3 hours would be like a class or two.

I just would not get on anything with levotory amphetamine such as Adderall or Evekeo. Something about it speeds my heart up, I tried the OTC Walmart nasal decongestion made of levotory amphetamine.
Old 07-08-15, 05:29 AM
Contributor

I wonder if the physical and psychological dependence is real even at therapeutic dosage of Desoxyn? Is Desoxyn more expensive than Vyvanse?

I read on another thread that another manufacturer of Desoxyn (Ovation/Lundbeck) has generic Desoxyn cheaper, about $50 a month.

Saw more talk of Desoxyn on the thread below, it's old but seems as if info. are mixed or outdated like those companies who makes Desoxyn no longer exist and or prices vary from cheap to expensive:

http://www.addforums.com/forums/show...42#post1741242

Honestly, some days, I feel unconfident when on Vyvanse, usually when my day isn't going well. I wish I was less easily disappointed and be bullet proof. I think Desoxyn hold the power here. I'm on 50 mg Vyvanse going on 60, then eventually max out to 70. When it doesn't work as I want it to work, may switch to Dexedrine. I think the lysine in Vyvanse is what makes me feel unconfident on certain days because after all Vyvanse is really just a prodrug of dextroamphetamine. One thing I notice though if I stop taking it for 1 day and dose again, I could feel it working. Must be called "tolerance" when I've been on it without a break.

I may check on drugs.com on who makes Desoxyn these days. I'm curious how does one convince the doctor to prescribe it? My doc seems to ride on the Adderall and Ritalin train as if it's what the pharmaceuticals are pushing the most. I'll never take either one of those. It's either Dexedrine or Desoxyn along with Vyvanse. I had spoken about a "booster" and I should get it soon if max dose Vyvanse is still weak.

Last edited by baical; 07-08-15 at 05:39 AM..
Old 07-11-15, 06:22 AM
Contributor

I'm curious what "type" of psychiatrist are willing to prescribe Desoxyn? My assumption is usually the older types and or the ones with at least several decades of experience practicing psychiatry that knows what is effective. My assumption is the new school psychiatrist would prefer the Vyvanses and the Adderalls over the older amphetamines (Desoxyn, Dexedrine, etc.) because it's simply "new" and or what they think they know.
Old 07-11-15, 09:56 AM

Thanked 11,399 Times in 5,569 Posts
daveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by baical View Post
I'm curious what "type" of psychiatrist are willing to prescribe Desoxyn? My assumption is usually the older types and or the ones with at least several decades of experience practicing psychiatry that knows what is effective. My assumption is the new school psychiatrist would prefer the Vyvanses and the Adderalls over the older amphetamines (Desoxyn, Dexedrine, etc.) because it's simply "new" and or what they think they know.
methamphetamine will be looked at a lot closer by the DEA

its probably also tough to find

I've never seen or heard of anyone who gets it
Old 07-12-15, 05:31 AM
Contributor

Desoxyn and Vyvanse both belong in the same schedule 2 drug category. I doubt one gets looked at "closer" over the other.
Old 07-12-15, 09:31 AM

Thanked 11,399 Times in 5,569 Posts
daveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by baical View Post
Desoxyn and Vyvanse both belong in the same schedule 2 drug category. I doubt one gets looked at "closer" over the other.
it definitely does
Little Missy (07-12-15), Stevuke79 (12-02-15)
Old 07-12-15, 08:43 PM
Contributor

Most people do not even know prescription methamphetamine exist. LOL. My psychiatrist was surprised I knew them all. LOL. That's why they called it "Desoxyn" to avoid shocking everyone. Also, the reason why OTC nasal decongestant is spelled levometamfetamine was to avoid shocking everyone. LOL.

Prescription GHB is called Xyrem (how cute)... etc. You get the point.

Meanwhile, the DEA and FDA are both in bed together (how cute).
Old 07-20-15, 04:25 AM
Contributor

Today I tried out some digestive enzyme called Bromelain, not sure if it made Vyvanse get utilized faster. Not sure if this Bromelain is a good compound to add to my regimen. It's nothing more than a digestive enzyme that breaks down food into different nutrients. It helps digest protein in the gastrointstinal tract. Does this mean that it digests Vyvanse faster then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebomb402 View Post
Yeah I too am noticing it doesn't last for more than around that. It sure doesn't have the norepinephrine kick i found adderall or even d amph to have.
Old 07-27-15, 06:34 AM
Contributor

i'm just curious if this is true; someone on another drug forum has mentioned that methamphetamine (Desoxyn) usually makes one's day feel like only 2 minutes has passed. Seems a bit exaggerated and magical but if true, it's really something I would want to be using. I'm assuming that's recreational dosage not the standard therapeutic Desoxyn dose of 5-25 mg daily. My Vyvanse use does not feel at all "magical" or as life changing as my doctor has said it would be. Maybe for kids it is. Vyvanse feels as if tolerance builds that you do not feel any better on it than when you first took it. My trick to counter this "tolerance" is that I take a day off then the following day I use it, it feels as if my day is great. I would assume Desoxyn is much more consistent daily that one could actually feel their day is just smooth every day and not as inconsistent as Vyvanse.
Old 07-27-15, 07:07 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,094 Times in 15,350 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Why is it you have so many threads about this medicine or that medicine and how it feels and how to potentiate it or supplement it?

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (07-27-15), Stevuke79 (12-02-15)