ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > PARENTS OF CHILDREN WITH ADD/ADHD > General Parenting Issues
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

General Parenting Issues The purpose of this forum is to discuss general parenting issues related to children with AD/HD(ADD & ADHD)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-17-19, 04:58 PM

BuckisMunz is on a distinguished road
I need help! My son is driving me bonkers

I have ADHD myself, my son has ADHD himself...

As I'm sure you can already see where I'm about to go. Please know I love my son very very much. My heart actually aches for him.

With that said though, I'd like to throw him in a padded room and beat him up with soft fluffy pillows. wait, he'd probably love that! You get what I mean though.

in the past 2 weeks, he's gotten 2-3 referrals at school. Of which he's actually been doing pretty good in. But these ones are getting out of hand. I've gotten 2 emails from teachers in the past 3 days.

I'm about to explode! I wasn't the same as him in school. I learned from my mistakes and made differrent ones. He doesn't learn from his, and makes the same ones over and over again. He is losing friends. His siblings can't stand being around him cuz he's so out of control. He medicated so that's not the issue. The issue is he just don't understand! He doesn't keep his hands to himself, he's constantly being told by friends and us to stop. He always the kid that takes things too far.

My question for you guys, is how can I help? How can I teach him? What are some good tools to use? I feel like I've tried everything. He's my happiest kid! yet, he's my biggest handful.

Thanks, Jake
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BuckisMunz For This Useful Post:
20thcenturyfox (05-18-19), namazu (05-18-19)