ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Bipolar
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-22-18, 12:47 AM
Committee Member

Emre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to all
Finally Got The Answer

Hello i haven't been here for long time.
This summer i thought that i finally got rid of unending depression(suffered for 5 or 6 years )
But i didnt know that it was the beginning of a hypomanic episode, it was like dream at the beginning, over self-esteem/optimism,dedication,bellicosity etc.

I doubted that it could be mania because of pressured speech,racing thoughts(thoughts were connected , was not illogical but it was too fast),less need of sleep(actually i wasnt sleeping for 22 hours then sleeping 4-5 hours repeat)
After 1.5 months.
I called my doctor he made me stop all anti-depressants suddenly , it seemed like it slowed me down a little bit but it wasn't the ending , i guess with some stressful and anxious events triggered karma episode started and it became worse slowly

I will pass the boring part, at the final without any anti depressants , pressured talking , unending energy kept up without all medications(only concerta for ADHD),suicidal thoughts started coming into my mind

I went to a doctor again here and he told me that "you have Bipolar II, you are experiencing Karma episode"

I began taking Depakin Chrono BT 1000mg at morning and 1000mg at evenning + seroquel(quetapine) 100mg at evenning
i do not use any anti depressant for now, i stopped using concerta , dont know whether will i start again or not
I do not remember clearly when did i start taking Bipolar medications 1 or 3 weeks ( just been through too much)

I have some questions in my mind, how will i differ ADHD from Bipolar? Did i really have ADHD because you know Bipolar II have similiar symptoms like ADHD

Also as i started taking Bipolar medication, i realized that "dream like months/happiest period of my life" was absolutely a hypomanic or manic episode
But i don't know the difference between full blown mania and hypomania

My mother has Bipolar I , doctor here told me that "you have bipolar II"

It feels weird, i couldnt trigger a hypomanic or manic episode when i abused drugs( weed etc.)
And this thing started at my 24th year in my life

By the way last week , ultra rapid cyclings were horrible , i read that ultra rapid cycling is a result of anti-depressant treatment alone
i guess i have done it long enough , for 5-6 years
my mood was changing like feeling like king and feelings like falling to abyss in same day
I felt like i lost my mind completely
but as doctor increased dose of my medications , i reach the balance by time , still working on it

Last edited by Emre22; 12-22-18 at 01:13 AM..
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emre22 For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (12-22-18), midnightstar (12-22-18), namazu (12-22-18), peripatetic (12-24-18), psychopathetic (12-22-18), Rebelyell (12-22-18)