ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > ADDiction & Substance Abuse
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-18, 02:53 PM

asalem is on a distinguished road
Did anyone quit smoking?

I felt like my adhd was worst when I was smoking cigerattes. I liked smoked but hated what I was doing to myself. I suffer from anxiety. And I kept on thinking about my health constantly. I felt guilty all the time. So I decided to quit smoking and it's been 5 days now. I still have strong cravings. I don't know when they will go. Last time I quit for close to 2 years, the craving went away in 2 days. I never looked back. Ever since I started in last year, I have tried quitting many times. The most I went was 3 weeks and I felt the cravings, even stronger sometimes. I started smoking with tar blocker filters and used them for the last few months. I refused to smoke a cigerrate without one it really helped me. This time I am positive about quitting.
I have noticed that cigerattes made my adhd worst. It me more impulsive, hurrying more, and less impatient. I felt like I couldn't work more than a hour without having to smoke. And if I had to something for a long time without smoking, I would become frustrated. Just like coffee. I can't survive without coffee. If I had to half an hour without coffee and do a task, I would feel like I am spaced out and slow and just no motivation. But I don't drink much coffee a day believe it or not. I just sip my coffee slowly throught the day. I could be drinking the same coffee for hours.
Old 08-30-18, 04:03 PM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,094 Times in 15,350 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Did anyone quit smoking?

Funny but smoking makes my adhd abd BPII "feel" better. What I mean is lighting something on fire and breathing it in is bad and not good for me but when I do smoke I feel better. When I have tried stopping in the past I had the worst brain fog and sleepiness for days!

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Rebelyell (08-31-18)
Old 08-30-18, 04:54 PM

asalem is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
Funny but smoking makes my adhd abd BPII "feel" better. What I mean is lighting something on fire and breathing it in is bad and not good for me but when I do smoke I feel better. When I have tried stopping in the past I had the worst brain fog and sleepiness for days!
Putting aside the withdrawal, I find it makes be calmer. It could depend on how much you smoke. How nany pack you smoke day?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-18, 09:07 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 16,048 Times in 7,964 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

I think that really the only reason smoking makes people feel good...is because it gives them relief from the craving temporally.
So that when people say things like

Quote:
when I do smoke I feel better.
or

Quote:
I find it makes be calmer.
I don't really think smoking makes "them" feel good in anyway...it's just giving them relief from the cravings they're a slave to.

Does that make sense?

Hope I didn't just upset anyone here either.

Also there's TONS of holes and flaws in this theory lmao >.<' But it makes sense to me!

At any rate, I'm thrilled I'm no longer chained down to smoking and the craves. 8+ years smoke free now and I don't miss it a bit.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Old 08-31-18, 02:17 AM

warmbrew_991 is on a distinguished road

Buy a vape... bought one on impulse, only cost me 20 and 1 10ml juice bottles online. Didn't intend to stop smoking but I quit the same day and now I turn down cigarettes even when offered.

I started on 6mg, and now I alternate between 12mg and 18mg nicotine vape juice. It's a lot of nicotine, but it's a lot better for me, cheaper, doesn't smell and I can vape while I'm working without distracting myself rolling and smoking a cigarette. I don't drink much coffee so I don't mind using nicotine instead.

At the start it was weird vaping in public but over time you just get used to it. I don't have a big sub ohm cloud maker, just a small pocket sized one, the battery lasts most of the day.
Old 08-31-18, 05:13 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,094 Times in 15,350 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by asalem View Post
Putting aside the withdrawal, I find it makes be calmer. It could depend on how much you smoke. How nany pack you smoke day?
When I got sober I smoked like a chimney and that was 2 packs a day. Now its under a pack.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Rebelyell (09-04-18)
Old 09-26-18, 09:11 AM
ADDvanced Member

lisariver is a glorious beacon of lightlisariver is a glorious beacon of lightlisariver is a glorious beacon of lightlisariver is a glorious beacon of lightlisariver is a glorious beacon of light

I quit with acupuncture...I was a constant smoker, first thing in the morning, last thing at night and every chance in between.
But I weened myself first. When i got serious I started smoking fowl carlton 1oo ultralights, almost nothing in them, terrible but it got me through the physical addiction, then I went to acupuncture. I cried and i swear smoke left my body through the points.

A week later, I stopped by a friend's house, he wasn't there but on the table was a can of top or something. I said, "it won't hurt to have one."
It did, it was over, I immediately resumed where I left off...for a week. Then instead of paying the acupuncturist again, I revisualized the appt as well as I could. From that point on, 1995, I never smoked cigarettes again. I've heard good things about Allen Carr's book "How To Quit Smoking the Easy Way"