ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adult Education
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adult Education This forum is to discuss issues related to ADD and higher education.

Old 07-06-14, 04:18 PM
Contributor

Adduce is a glorious beacon of lightAdduce is a glorious beacon of lightAdduce is a glorious beacon of lightAdduce is a glorious beacon of lightAdduce is a glorious beacon of light
Study tips for adhd students

http://sass.queensu.ca/learningstrat...ts-1-and-2.pdf
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Adduce For This Useful Post:
gatherer (07-22-14), InvitroCanibal (07-07-14), It'sPeter (07-22-14), TheatreKid (07-06-14), vpilar (07-21-14)
Old 07-06-14, 09:19 PM

TheatreKid is a jewel in the roughTheatreKid is a jewel in the roughTheatreKid is a jewel in the rough
Re: Study tips for adhd students

This is wonderful. Some of it are strategies my OT has been going over with me.

Transgender - male pronouns please.
Old 07-07-14, 12:17 AM

Thanked 1,367 Times in 562 Posts
InvitroCanibal has a reputation beyond reputeInvitroCanibal has a reputation beyond reputeInvitroCanibal has a reputation beyond reputeInvitroCanibal has a reputation beyond reputeInvitroCanibal has a reputation beyond reputeInvitroCanibal has a reputation beyond reputeInvitroCanibal has a reputation beyond reputeInvitroCanibal has a reputation beyond reputeInvitroCanibal has a reputation beyond reputeInvitroCanibal has a reputation beyond reputeInvitroCanibal has a reputation beyond repute

I find my biggest challenge is just seeing the endgame. Seeing when the task is over and knowing how much I need to do, to effectively accomplish that task. I'll disproportionately study because of this, on one thing and then not have enough time for the other stuff. This makes me lose motivation to start the task because it feels like it could last forever or never be finished. What the article suggests is good about breaking down tasks and making starting them the biggest priority but for me starting a task isn't the challenge, it's effectively using the time to accomplish a very specific block of studying, or an assignment.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-14, 11:40 PM
ADDvanced Member

vpilar has a spectacular aura aboutvpilar has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adduce View Post
This is Awesome! Thanks for sharing!
Old 07-22-14, 03:34 AM
Contributor

Adduce is a glorious beacon of lightAdduce is a glorious beacon of lightAdduce is a glorious beacon of lightAdduce is a glorious beacon of lightAdduce is a glorious beacon of light

Some note-taking strategies which may be useful.

https://www.learning.ox.ac.uk/media/...ote-taking.pdf

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...they-work.html

http://www.usu.edu/arc/idea_sheets/p...ng_cornell.pdf