ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adult Education
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adult Education This forum is to discuss issues related to ADD and higher education.

Old 06-30-14, 05:59 PM
Jr Member

HXofADHD.W/F76 is on a distinguished road
Medical School, ADD and confidence

I am on one of my rotations right now and I am just curious how those of you out there deal with preceptors who really put you on the spot. My knee jerk instinct is to freeze like a deer in a headlight and so far that's really NOT been working for me. I wish I could stop that cascade of panic I get when a preceptor starts putting me on the spot or just asking me questions. I end up always feeling stupid and like I'm not as smart as my peers which when I stop self deprecating I know is total BS. Ugh it's been a really vicious cycle lately and I wish I had some coping mechanism for stopping that panic mode dead in its tracks so I don't blank out. More often than not I know answers that I don't say because of my 'momentary lapse of brain cells'. This is gone way past frustrating b/c now it's showing in my evaluations and the preceptors think I don't know anything. For that matter I feel some of the other interns are starting to think I'm 'special' if you know what I mean.....and not in a good way. I'm trying to stay positive but some days