ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > General Medication Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

General Medication Discussion This section is to be used for general medication discussion and other medications not broken out in their own respective forums.

Old 12-03-05, 01:52 AM

Universal is on a distinguished road
Question about LD, Currently on Strattera

Well as the name of the thread says, I'm currently on 40mg of strattera for A.D.H.D and so far it's been doing it's job, #1 Concentration and Focus, #2 VERY VERY calm'ed. , After bragging to everyone that after i get on these med's i was gonna be the smartest in class. Seems that it wasn't enough. I'm still trying to research if LD is any different then A.D.D.. and if there is seperate medication for LD. Because for somereason i can't suck the information that my teacher is saying during class into my brain (current senior in HS) And i can focus and concentrate and everything, But i get get whatever she is seeing inside of me, into my brain. And i think it's caused of LD. I'm terrible at Math. And also i can't seem to Learn at all, even if i'm super duper focused and concentrated. Only thing i see this A.D.D strattera meds helpful in, is making me calm and focus and etc. but as far as Learning goes , Anyway's to the point here is, if there's any LD medication that was tested to help for the learning ? I'm gonna also have to set an apointment with doctor to see what he say's. I'm still looking for a place where it shows that LD and A.D.D are 2 different things. I mean i see it as they are... And i need to get my LD fixed quick so i can start learning SOMETHING. So any med's for LD ?

thanks in advance for help
Old 12-03-05, 03:32 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

scuro has disabled reputation
Do you have an LD even? Math is a common difficulty of students with ADHD because there is a lot of new information at the High School level. ADHD types learn better with a tutor. They need interactive learning not one way teaching. Have you considered a tutor?