ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Bipolar > AD/HD and Bipolar in Adults
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-14, 01:57 AM
Jr Member

RMG046 is on a distinguished road
ADHD Inattentive-Bipolar. Can't sleep. Adderall.

Hello,
I started Adderall about 9 days ago. I started at 10 mgs once a day and the last 2 days bumped up to 10 mgs twice a day. I haven't slept well since starting the Adderall.
I usually go to bed around 9:30pm every night and I haven't been to bed any earlier than 11:30 this whole week. It is now 1am.
Not only am I ADHD (inattentive) I am bipolar as well. I am nervous Adderall is going to send me in to a manic episode, but I REALLY need to be able to focus and not get fired from a job.

Is there any drug I should look in to for Inattentive ADHD with Bipolar if Adderall doesn't feel right?
Old 05-29-14, 04:41 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,094 Times in 15,350 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ADHD Inattentive-Bipolar. Can't sleep. Adderall.

Stimulants can be dangerous for people with bipolar or at least difficult HOWEVER if you are monitored by a good doctor they can be just as effective. You do have to watch the potential for mania and anxiety. If you havent slept well its a sign that the dose could be too high. As anyone with bipolar would know, lack of sleep is almost a guarantee that we will be riding the mania train soon.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
dogluver358 (05-31-14)
Old 07-22-14, 04:12 PM

electricbipolar is on a distinguished road
Re: ADHD Inattentive-Bipolar. Can't sleep. Adderall.

Adderall sent me into a full blown manic episode. After that, they prescribed me Strattera, a non-stim. It has worked well for me. Best of luck to you!

BP1, ADD, GAD
Geodon, Paxil, Strattera, Cogentin, Valium, Xanax, Ambien

Sponsored Links