ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Bipolar > AD/HD and Bipolar in Adults
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-13, 10:42 PM

Raven Poe is on a distinguished road
Re: Rage episodes

When I was a kid I had short and long rages. Sometimes it was for nothing other times there was a reason.
I will tell you something I did when I was 9. I was upset over something I do not recall (probably no good reason), I laid on the hallway floor in our house so no one could pass, screaming hysterically and I eventually tore my nightgown I was wearing down the middle-literally!
I can recall my sister asking my grandma what was wrong and my grandma saying "she is crazy that's what's wrong".
Thinking about it now it is sort of comical though sad.
As an adult I still rage quite often. And the duration still varies sometimes it can last hours while others 5 minutes. I have a bad temper and am quite an aggressive person who once or twice a season gets physical in the midst of my rage, a very very bad behavior.
I also have what is called premenstrual dysphoric disorder and it makes things worse
About 10 days before I menstruate I become an unpleasant, aggressive, and the list goes on and on person. Sometimes I wish I was rich so I could take a vacation every month before I menstruate as it is really hard to be around me, hell I can't even be with myself on those days.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raven Poe For This Useful Post:
BellaVita (12-31-13), Spacemaster (01-02-14)
Old 12-31-13, 01:13 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Thanked 1,014 Times in 632 Posts
janiew has much to be proud ofjaniew has much to be proud ofjaniew has much to be proud ofjaniew has much to be proud ofjaniew has much to be proud ofjaniew has much to be proud ofjaniew has much to be proud ofjaniew has much to be proud of

Rage? What is that?

For me, it's pretty short-term due to my attention span. But I can be verbally abusive when provoked.

Most people who know me are amazed at my ability to forgive and forget. Which is fine with me as long as I take care of myself...
BellaVita (12-31-13)
Old 12-31-13, 03:46 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 3,133 Times in 1,930 Posts
Daydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaVita View Post
If I remember correctly, they weren't about anything in particular.

I just got heavily upset at everything.

And would scream and cry and throw things and break things for hours on end

I would end up in my room. And punished severely.
Maybe it wasn't your problem... and you were just getting punished too hard. The treatment may have been the aggravating factor that made you soo mad. Being put in harsh and inconsiderate or powerless situations. just speculating/analyzing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daydreamin22 For This Useful Post:
BellaVita (12-31-13), dvdnvwls (12-31-13)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-13, 04:09 AM
Mrs dvdnvwls

Thanked 18,906 Times in 9,305 Posts
BellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daydreamin22 View Post
Maybe it wasn't your problem... and you were just getting punished too hard. The treatment may have been the aggravating factor that made you soo mad. Being put in harsh and inconsiderate or powerless situations. just speculating/analyzing.
You know what....you may be right.....

The Following User Says Thank You to BellaVita For This Useful Post:
Daydreamin22 (12-31-13)
Old 12-31-13, 04:38 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 3,133 Times in 1,930 Posts
Daydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond repute

You have such a good heart/character. I'm no dr and don't know the whole story, but if so it happens to the best of us. I actually saw a few articles about that. It's a great website and the articles are sooo helpful. I just descovered it yesterday and huge fan. It's like not having to pay or schedule for a dr. They're all dr's. If you want I can pm to you... or post whichever.

Last edited by Daydreamin22; 12-31-13 at 04:53 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Daydreamin22 For This Useful Post:
BellaVita (12-31-13)