ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > ADD FORUMS LIVE CHAT
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-09, 11:05 PM
ADDvanced Member

heatman will become famous soon enough
chat

ok I give up!!!! everytime I try and go into chat it says another user is using that name. what am i doing wrong?
Old 07-15-09, 12:56 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 21,938 Times in 7,993 Posts
ginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond repute
Re: chat

Nothing, the chat hasn't been working for months, it would be nice if they got it fixed.
Old 07-15-09, 01:52 PM
Forum ADDvocate

xraylady33 has much to be proud ofxraylady33 has much to be proud ofxraylady33 has much to be proud ofxraylady33 has much to be proud ofxraylady33 has much to be proud ofxraylady33 has much to be proud ofxraylady33 has much to be proud ofxraylady33 has much to be proud of

yes....i agree!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-09, 11:46 PM

MrAnon is on a distinguished road

I'd love if there were a working chat right now
Old 09-19-09, 12:27 AM

momofadhdson is on a distinguished road

hello
Old 09-19-09, 10:00 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 3,331 Times in 1,335 Posts
Trooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond repute

For me the chat link just takes me to the smilies page. It's the damnedest thing.
Old 10-02-09, 12:58 AM

unthought has a spectacular aura aboutunthought has a spectacular aura about
new IRC (chat) for ADD

They deleted that other topic where I spoke about hosting IRC for us to use, it's up if you'd like to join.

//aimless.us/ (not really set up)
irc://aimless.us/ channel #add

To join you'll need an IRC client such as mIRC: //www.mirc.com/ and tell it to connect to aimless.us port 6667. Once connected type /join #add into the interface and you will join an ADHD chat.

Last edited by meadd823; 10-02-09 at 01:32 AM.. Reason: removed hyperlinks please see guidelines and my post below
The Following User Says Thank You to unthought For This Useful Post:
ADB1 (10-03-09)
Old 10-02-09, 01:27 AM
Super Meowaderator

Thanked 15,433 Times in 6,132 Posts
meadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: chatting with moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by unthought View Post
They deleted that other topic where I spoke about hosting IRC for us to use, it's up if you'd like to join.

aimless.us/ (not really set up)
irc://aimless.us/ channel #add

To join you'll need an IRC client such as mIRC: and tell it to connect to aimless.us port 6667. Once connected type /join #add into the interface and you will join an ADHD chat.
Okay now let me see if I have this straight. The staff here removed a post just like the one above this so you thought it would be okay to re-post it this thread??

Hmmmm rather interesting line of reasoning.

If some thing you posted was deleted the staff member who deleted it should have PMed you with a reason for their action. My guess is the post is violating a guideline The most obvious violation is posting a hyperlink to what is considered another community which is against the guideline copied below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guidelines
*No links to other groups, forums or communities in signatures or posts, without the explicit written permission of a Site Admin.
Good thing this is an ADD site because apparently we forgot to write a rule against re-posting some thing we previously removed. My guess is that is because we figured most people knew if we deleted it once we would do it again. . .. . Your in luck I never do any thing normally not even ADD abnormally. . . While re-posting a previously removed post may not generate any points against your account this time it does open your post up to the possibility of being edited by an unmedicated ADD staff member -

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to meadd823 For This Useful Post:
unthought (10-02-09)
Old 10-02-09, 01:52 AM

My above post had never been posted before, it wasn't my post that was deleted either, but the entire topic of someone elses. It's not "another community" either it's designed as a place for THIS COMMUNITIES people to be able to chat. The people thought it was a good idea, they asked for it. But as you pointed out you've requested that users not post hyper links to other communites, no problem.
Old 10-04-09, 11:47 AM

ADB1 is on a distinguished road

Just to say unthought and I had a useful chat on IRC. Wd be nice to see others there
Old 10-15-09, 08:16 PM

It's down at the moment, having problems with the system and network it was hosted on. Might look for a new provide later on.
Old 10-22-09, 10:50 PM

Back up, irc.aimless.us - channel #add. Still working on the site and stuff, I'll post instructions on the website aimless.us on how to connect. It's just a test server ATM - several people have indicated they wanted a place to come together for real-time-chat. This is the best technology available for such a thing.
Old 04-26-10, 08:51 AM

darkangel99 is on a distinguished road

heya yh it would be nice if chat was workin anyways how are you guys today
Closed Thread